Vinyl Me Please Classics

Think I’m also out on Bill Withers next month, I own the Carnegie Hall performance and have the MoFi greatest hits on back order. Justments feels a bit boring tbh, Ruby Lee is a stand out to me, mainly cause that’s a great bassline tho
Never mind, buying it so I can listen to "Can We Pretend" 1000 times over.

Still waiting for Abbey Lincoln. Crazy how slow they have been this time, the month is almost over!

I don't even have any tracking on this yet, I'll be lucky to get it before swaps close on the next AOTM
You should definitely reach out to CS for an update if you haven't even gotten shipping at this point.

Think I’m also out on Bill Withers next month, I own the Carnegie Hall performance and have the MoFi greatest hits on back order. Justments feels a bit boring tbh, Ruby Lee is a stand out to me, mainly cause that’s a great bassline tho
I’m with you. +Justments is an underwhelming album / long on exposition and short on tunes. I can hardly believe I’m saying that considering how much I love Just As I Am and Still Bill.

I hate to say it, but I think I’m out on Bill Withers too. Thinking of swapping for Darkside or just dropping the track until Lee Morgan next month.

The songs feel sort of meandering with no real progression. I keep re-listening to try and find what I’m missing, but it’s just not doing it for me.

I’m with you. +Justments is an underwhelming album / long on exposition and short on tunes. I can hardly believe I’m saying that considering how much I love Just As I Am and Still Bill.
I can't believe you're saying that too because I think +justments is such a pretty, suave album! It's an album that I think you might grow to cherish with every listen; it's an atmospheric, pastel, subtle album that is just beautiful yet gloomy! I think it's a very attractive album! An A+ album for me personally! This album is just as good as Just As I Am and better than Still Bill in my opinion! 💭🌻📙

I only listed to Justments once as I want to have fresh ears when it arrives, but sounds like the consensus is that this is sort of the Veedon Fleece of Bill's catalog?
Yes, spot on! It’s like the artists’ favourite album in their discography, like how PJ Harvey’s favourite album of hers is “Is This Desire?” and Kate Bush’s is “The Dreaming”!

All these albums were a turning point for the artist and showed maturity in their sound as well as their overall sound evolving!

Bill Withers’ +justments is a masterpiece! I’ve always loved the album from when I was young and I felt like I connected with its magical charm instantly, just like I did with those above mentioned PJ Harvey and Kate Bush albums!

The exact same thing can be said for Marvin Gaye’s I Want You! My gosh is that album decadent, seductive, luxurious, intoxicating, rich and heavenly!

Yes, spot on! It’s like the artists’ favourite album in their discography,

Bill Withers’ +justments is a masterpiece! I’ve always loved the album from when I was young and I felt like I connected with its magical charm instantly,

You're gonna write all that and not drop your sound cloud link?

Just checked and its saying "Join Standby List" so yeah, it looks like it has potentially sold out! Which is quite shocking tbh.

I'm assuming the Essentials is going to be less popular than usual, so this may be the result of people swapping away from that track to Classics. Personally, I pre-switched my main sub to Hip-Hop before August went live to secure the Outkast.

Last edited:
Back