Vinyl Me Please Classics

Yet again people are sleeping on an awesome blues release by VMP, no wonder they only put out like one a year. If you like Butterfield Blues Band you'll like Tennessee Woman, smokin' late 60s chicago blues in the same vein. It's worth it for Christo Redemptor alone. I feel like if you don't like this album then you dont really like blues.

Yet again people are sleeping on an awesome blues release by VMP, no wonder they only put out like one a year. If you like Butterfield Blues Band you'll like Tennessee Woman, smokin' late 60s chicago blues in the same vein. It's worth it for Christo Redemptor alone. I feel like if you don't like this album then you dont really like blues.
Christo Redemptor is the only highlight on the album for me, and at VMPs new price points I can’t say it is worth it. I’m glad you enjoy it but I found the album to be quite boring. My ears never wanted to perk up and tune in.

Couldn't agree more. Great selection.

Christo Redemptor is the only highlight on the album for me, and at VMPs new price points I can’t say it is worth it. I’m glad you enjoy it but I found the album to be quite boring. My ears never wanted to perk up and tune in.
Agreed. It's good not great. I swapped for Prine and will pick it up later if it's there.

Same tracklisting?

I played this the other day and it's even better than I remember. Thought about you @NewsFedora ! Ever completed the research on the singles and music released and all that?
Totally different track order, but has all the same songs as the VMP version. It also has the bonus 7" songs on there as well as You Are My Sun Sign, which was the b-side to the Ruby Lee single. Despite three extra songs, that web page's listing still seems to indicate it's a single LP. The rearranged track order might have been done to get as much as possible on each side.

Also if the track times to the CD version are to be trusted, You Are My Sun Sign is the three minute edited version instead of the 4 and a half minute version found on the Ruby Lee single. A pity.

I've got nothing new to report on finding any additional songs (I think there are still two or three songs Storf referenced that are complete unknowns). I'm still baffled at how an alternate version of "Can't Go On Living" was presented as both a Nat Turner and a Delfonics song back in the early 70s.

Last edited:
Man, VMP really needs to give Luiz Bonfa’s - Solo in Rio 1959 it’s first vinyl press. Im a tweet them

Spinning Lucille tonight, they did such a great job with that pick all around, the package, the pressing, its just stellar. Going to go back to give Musselwhite another listen tomorrow see if I'm missing something lmao. VMP REALLY needs to do more blues picks.

Spinning Lucille tonight, they did such a great job with that pick all around, the package, the pressing, its just stellar. Going to go back to give Musselwhite another listen tomorrow see if I'm missing something lmao. VMP REALLY needs to do more blues picks.
So did Tennessee Woman do anything for you! I think it’s actually a great album and I’m looking forward to listening to the pressing because I know the pressing will sound superb!

So did Tennessee Woman do anything for you! I think it’s actually a great album and I’m looking forward to listening to the pressing because I know the pressing will sound superb!
Hi Nathan. I really don’t get what you’re hearing. The vocals are practically unlistenable. The band sounds a peg or two above a bar band. Just about. But the voice... god it’s awful. Of all the great blues options from that year, this truly is bottom rung.

Love as always...

Hi Nathan. I really don’t get what you’re hearing. The vocals are practically unlistenable. The band sounds a peg or two above a bar band. Just about. But the voice... god it’s awful. Of all the great blues options from that year, this truly is bottom rung.

Love as always...
Is it weird that im now excited for my copy to arrive so I can give it a listen to? :ROFLMAO:

I actually forgot to circle around to it, will do that today and let you know. I’m anticipating it to flop once more

Back