Vinyl Me Please Classics

Seriously, I loved pro wrestling as a kid but haven’t watched in in a long while I was afraid that it would be one of those things where the actual event doesn’t live up to the nostalgia but I was wrong. It’s incredible.

Hogan era WWF is so much about the larger than life personalities, charisma, and spectacle that you still get that. Stay away from the longer shows like 2 and 4. But 5 with the Macho Man-Hogan main and 6 with Hogan-Warrior still hold up.

Hogan era WWF is so much about the larger than life personalities, charisma, and spectacle that you still get that. Stay away from the longer shows like 2 and 4. But 5 with the Macho Man-Hogan main and 6 with Hogan-Warrior still hold up.
Yeah, I am gonna really try to dig in and watch a bunch of the PPV in chronological order. See how much I can get in before I lose interest but right now...
595A845A-B8B4-4448-ACC7-84302AE5B881.jpeg
OOOH YEAH!! I’ all in!

I just spun the VMP pressing for Leon Ware’s Musical Massage and was blown away with how immaculate it sounds! @brownsugah - A massive upgrade from the brown pressing, even though that pressing sounds pretty good/decent!

I was so enraptured and hypnotised whilst listening to this dazzling, indulgent and romantic record! It kinda felt like someone was seductively whispering “Sex” and “Yes Baby” in my ear! I am in love with listening to this masterpiece in audiophile form and cannot wait to immerse myself even more in the album with the next spin! 😚🍒🍸🛀🤫

I just spun the VMP pressing for Leon Ware’s Musical Massage and was blown away with how immaculate it sounds! @brownsugah - A massive upgrade from the brown pressing, even though that pressing sounds pretty good/decent!

I was so enraptured and hypnotised whilst listening to this dazzling, indulgent and romantic record! It kinda felt like someone was seductively whispering “Sex” and “Yes Baby” in my ear! I am in love with listening to this masterpiece in audiophile form and cannot wait to immerse myself even more in the album with the next spin! 😚🍒🍸🛀🤫
If you immerse yourself even more with the next spin you should better not report about it in detail here. That might be too unsafe for work

That’s what’s up! Thank you for letting me know. I found a pressing for a good price on eBay that is on its way to me. I can’t wait to listen to it. 😍💚

You know what. I'm chuffed to fuck. I'd have been absolutely gutted for you if theyd sent you a duffer so delighted it's met your expectations (however low I occassionally think they are). Anyway, I imagine you'll be off somewhere filling olympic sized swimming pools with jizz to some seedy, sleezy, syrupy as a muthafucker musical accompaniment right out now but cheers!! Good work VMP

Just got around to listening to Leon Ware. Interesting pick, I cant think of any other VMP quite like it. Not sure its something I will gravitate towards too much, but the pressing itself is fab.

Dorothy Ashby is much more my jam, I cannot wait for that release!!

Just got around to listening to Leon Ware. Interesting pick, I cant think of any other VMP quite like it. Not sure its something I will gravitate towards too much, but the pressing itself is fab.

I’m extremely excited for the Dorothy Ashby too! I’m so happy to have discovered her as well!

Listened to Ashby today. I have not been this excited about a classics pick in a long time.

Listened to Ashby today. I have not been this excited about a classics pick in a long time.
Agreed. King Curtis will be fun, but that Dorothy Ashby is absolutely hypnotizing in its power. Have played it front to back 4 times since discovering it 5 days ago ahahaha. I would agree, this is probably the best pick for me since Dreams.

I feel the same way, after streaming it and then learning that the most recent vinyl repress was poorly done. As much as I despise VMP, I may try to dip in for a single month just for this release, because it may just be worth the surcharge.
recent VMP picks tend to get repressed though. Dreams is having a re-press (together with Bacchanal) for exemple.

I would absolutely love if VMP did a traditional Fado ROTM for the Classics track! Fado is raw, intimate Portuguese music that is melancholic, sorrowful and mournful in sound! Having an audiophile pressing of a Fado album would be splendid! I hope the VMP Classics curators are aware of the genre!

@Skalap - I’ve never been to Portugal but I know you have, and I’m sure you’ve been to a café or restaurant where there has been a live Fado performance! I can’t imagine how amazingly intimate, cozy and moving it would’ve been atmospherically!

Back