Vinyl Me Please Classics

I have to say, if you like blues, the Charlie Musselwhite is pretty on point. With my Yussef being cancelled, I think I will go with this for the month.
Going to have to give it another shot. It's still in my order for this month but I was really thinking about cancelling the add-on for the month. It didn't grab me after two or three songs.

Going to have to give it another shot. It's still in my order for this month but I was really thinking about cancelling the add-on for the month. It didn't grab me after two or three songs.
I'd definitely give it a full listen. The almost 12 minute Christo Redemptor is a nice blues/jazz mix and worth a listen.

I'd definitely give it a full listen. The almost 12 minute Christo Redemptor is a nice blues/jazz mix and worth a listen.
Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace for it yesterday, because today I'm enjoying it but I also started watching Road House for the first time yesterday....maybe there's some correlation there.

Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace for it yesterday, because today I'm enjoying it but I also started watching Road House for the first time yesterday....maybe there's some correlation there.
First time watching ROADHOUSE!!!! His name is Dalton!!!! Sheeet...I am partial bc after my divorce I lived in a barn loft and gladly accepted my nickname of "Dalton".

First time watching ROADHOUSE!!!! His name is Dalton!!!! Sheeet...I am partial bc after my divorce I lived in a barn loft and gladly accepted my nickname of "Dalton".
I know right? 40 years old and this is the first time watching it. Watched Point Break before it (which I HAVE seen) so I guess I was on a Patrick Swayze kick.

Have you ever ripped a man's throat out with your bare hands?

I gotta say that little foray into Mortal Kombat territory was shocking. To be honest I don't know what I was expecting from the movie, but it certainly wasn't that. I think I yelled "Holy shit" while laughing.

Last edited:
Who else is stoked for this Dorothy Ashby. Such an interesting album and sure to get plenty of spins in these parts. Love when these type of records make it to classics
I’m definitely excited for that one. What a great and unexpected choice. I think Dorothy and King Curtis are the two picks I’m most excited for across all of the tracks.

I'm ecstatic for it. Gonna take some big work to knock that out of top Classic pick of the year for me.
I love, love, love the Dorothy Ashby pick, but the Leon Ware pick is still my favourite this year so far and I don’t think another Classics ROTM will knock that out! Musical Massage is so romantic, seductive, luxurious and steamy! 👌🤤

I know right? 40 years old and this is the first time watching it. Watched Point Break before it (which I HAVE seen) so I guess I was on a Patrick Swayze kick.

It is one of my great regrets that I have never been able to see Point Break LIVE!!

The starring role of Johnny Utah is selected from the audience each night, and reads their entire script off of cue-cards. This method manages to capture the rawness of a Keanu Reeves performance even from those who generally think themselves incapable of acting. The fun starts immediately with the "screen test" wherein the volunteer Keanus (usually 5-15 men and women vie for the role) go through a grueling audition process. The part is then cast via applaus-o-meter.

My understanding is that if the selected audience member is too good at acting, they're offered a few drinks in order to get them sufficiently terrible.

Have you ever ripped a man's throat out with your bare hands?

I gotta say that little foray into Mortal Kombat territory was shocking. To be honest I don't know what I was expecting from the movie, but it certainly wasn't that. I think I yelled "Holy shit" while laughing.
I watched Road House a few months ago for the first time. I’m 41. Enjoyable muck. Ridiculous second part

It's absolutely insane but that I guess was the general theme of 80s/early 90s movies.
I watched Bloodsport, Escape From New York, and Speed recently, I had seen before but none in the past 25 years. I have really enjoyed the mildless ridiculousness of it all. Right now I am in the process or rewatching WWF Wrestlemania III on Peacock and it’s way better than I could have hoped.

It's absolutely insane but that I guess was the general theme of 80s/early 90s movies.
I watched Tango & Cash, Big Trouble in Little China, Road House, Total Recall and Last Action Hero over the course of two days when my fiancé was in Russia for a couple of weeks and honestly, haven’t had that much fun watching TV in a long time 😂😂

I watched Tango & Cash, Big Trouble in Little China, Road House, Total Recall and Last Action Hero over the course of two days when my fiancé was in Russia for a couple of weeks and honestly, haven’t had that much fun watching TV in a long time 😂😂
Those are some gems.

I watched Bloodsport, Escape From New York, and Speed recently, I had seen before but none in the past 25 years. I have really enjoyed the mildless ridiculousness of it all. Right now I am in the process or rewatching WWF Wrestlemania III on Peacock and it’s way better than I could have hoped.
I watch Wrestlemania III with a mate every year. It’s THE Wrestlemania to watch.

Back