Vinyl Me Please Classics

I have a brown pressing of Musical Massage that sounds good, but I am curious about VMP’s pressing of it. I might get it as a swap somewhere down the line.

I went with Man On The Moon this month. It was an album I kept holding off on. Thank God I did. Pressing looks very nice! 😍
I’ve also got the brown pressing of Musical Massage! It does sound pretty good but I am 100% certain the VMP pressing will sound better as it’s AAA, remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and pressed at QRP!

If you want though, I can compare the two pressings just to see if there is a massive difference in sound quality!

I’ve also got the brown pressing of Musical Massage! It does sound pretty good but I am 100% certain the VMP pressing will sound better as it’s AAA, remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and pressed at QRP!

If you want though, I can compare the two pressings just to see if there is a massive difference in sound quality!

You getting the Cash and bandana?

Why do you need 3 copies of the same pressing?

First two had major surface noise issues and VMP would only give me credit instead of a third copy. Sorry for not elaborating, I’ve been bitching about it here for the past two weeks and figured everyone here was sick of hearing me complain about it at this point.

First two had major surface noise issues and VMP would only give me credit instead of a third copy. Sorry for not elaborating, I’ve been bitching about it here for the past two weeks and figured everyone here was sick of hearing me complain about it at this point.
Uh oh. I swapped Leon Ware for Billie Holiday... now I’m worried that was a mistake.

Sounds like 4 in the next 2 years actually, which is about par for what they usually put out.
Well, after the first 9 months, when we got 3 Blues albums.

Unlike R&B where they've literally pressed obscure Stax records, for Blues artists, they've mostly stuff to the big name Blues artists (BB King, JLH, Muddy, et al.)

Who's left for big names of Blues?

Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Freddie King, Elmore James, John Mayhall.
(Robert Johnson and Son House too, although, they didn't really have full albums the same way did they?)

What obscure-ish Blues artists / albums do folks want?

The two I want most are:
Magic Sam - West Side Soul
Hound Dog Taylor - Natural Boogie.

Unlike R&B where they've literally pressed obscure Stax records, for Blues artists, they've mostly stuff to the big name Blues artists (BB King, JLH, Muddy, et al.)

Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Freddie King, Elmore James, John Mayhall.
(Robert Johnson and Son House too, although, they didn't really have full albums the same way did they?)

The two I want most are:
Junior Wells, Leadbelly, Lightnin' Hopkins... I'd be good with any of those as well as your list..

Last edited:

The two I want most are:
Pinetop Perkins, Son Seals, Bobby Rush, Roscoe Gordon

I love Hound Dog Taylor, I've got his first album, it's good. That Magic Sam is cool too. Would be totally on board for either.

Back