Vinyl Me Please Classics

No, VMP isn’t paying or giving me any extra free stuff at all!* I just really want this album to do well because I feel like it would encourage VMP to do more sexy soulful Classics ROTM’s, like Minnie Riperton’s Adventures In Paradise and Marvin Gaye’s I Want You!

And I want AAA, Ryan Smith / Kevin Gray pressings to sell out quick, so then it encourages VMP to do more audiophile exclusives!

* VMP is already providing free stuff.

** Also, Nathan could say he's paying VMP for the privilege given his spruiking, who knows whether they're paying him or comping him more product. He's not about to say "Yes, they give me free stuff/money for this" as that would completely dissolve any remaining effectiveness that his spruiking of their product currently has in here.

No, VMP isn’t paying or giving me any extra free stuff at all! I just really want this album to do well because I feel like it would encourage VMP to do more sexy soulful Classics ROTM’s, like Minnie Riperton’s Adventures In Paradise and Marvin Gaye’s I Want You!

And I want AAA, Ryan Smith / Kevin Gray pressings to sell out quick, so then it encourages VMP to do more audiophile exclusives!
Keep up you love for the product mate, ignore the haters. This is getting pretty close to bullying now and it’s not nice.

No, VMP isn’t paying or giving me any extra free stuff at all! I just really want this album to do well because I feel like it would encourage VMP to do more sexy soulful Classics ROTM’s, like Minnie Riperton’s Adventures In Paradise and Marvin Gaye’s I Want You!

I'd not heard much Minnie Riperton (well turns out I'd heard bits but had no idea who I was listening to) but just streamed Adventures In Paradise following on from your post. Doggo and I both enjoyed it immensely. I'd definitely be in for that as a classics pick. It's for sure less mozzarella laden than Musical Massage. Little fella's tail was wagging like the soulboy collie he is (until about the 3rd track... at which point he got up and fucked off back to bed).

Also Adventures In Paradise has swung straight into New Adventures In HIFI so its turning in to an adventurous listening morning

* VMP is already providing free stuff.

** Also, Nathan could say he's paying VMP for the privilege given his spruiking, who knows whether they're paying him or comping him more product. He's not about to say "Yes, they give me free stuff/money for this" as that would completely dissolve any remaining effectiveness that his spruiking of their product currently has in here.
I won’t comment again because I want this thread to stay mainly on track! All I will say is that I am honestly a transparent person. You can see my full name and face, and I was very open about receiving the free VMP membership. Ever since I got the free membership, I haven’t received other freebies. I’m honestly just being myself and although this sounds cringe, I just have so much love to give and I love VMP so much; maybe that’s why I can come off as quite unoriginal. I don’t care for a lot of VMP exclusives, but for the ones I do care for, like this upcoming Leon Ware ROTM, and the new Yusef Lateef store exclusive, you will always see me express my joy for them! 🙊

I am very understanding of your comment though because you want to ensure that I am being honest and transparent. I think that’s a very good thing and it’s great you’re not scared to confront me and mention what could be a possibility! I love that there’s people like you and me in this forum as it’s a nice diverse family! 🥰

Back to the Classics ROTM’s, Leon Ware’s Musical Massage is an album I’ve heard countless times and is an album I’ll be talking about Musical Massage a bit depth in a few weeks time, and why this romantic, musically smooth and intricate, warm and sexually passionate album is a masterpiece!

I feel like Musical Massage is a slick, steamy, sweaty and sensual album that drips with sexual yearnings and is an album I think would be out of many people’s comfort zone! This is the album I want to get people to appreciate! This is an album that is all about smoothness and subtleness and I think this VMP pressing is just going to be an absolute treat and will be a pressing, people will truly enjoy spinning!

I'd not heard much Minnie Riperton (well turns out I'd heard bits but had no idea who I was listening to) but just streamed Adventures In Paradise following on from your post. Doggo and I both enjoyed it immensely. I'd definitely be in for that as a classics pick. It's for sure less mozzarella laden than Musical Massage. Little fella's tail was wagging like the soulboy collie he is (until about the 3rd track... at which point he got up and fucked off back to bed).

Also Adventures In Paradise has swung straight into New Adventures In HIFI so its turning in to an adventurous listening morning
Awwww that’s so adorable that your dog loved listening to Adventures In Paradise! It’s such a great album and the song “Inside My Love” is not only one of the sexiest songs of all-time, it’s one of my very favourites! That song is just an intimate, classy, dreamy, sensual quiet-storm masterpiece and I would probably cry tears of joy listening to that track on my system with a high quality pressing! Inside My Love is just the ultimate seductive song and shoutout to A Tribe Called Quest for sampling that song on their classic track “Lyrics To Go”!!!

I'll be picking Musical Massage up and I think it fits well into the Classics sub. I don't have a complaint about it being picked. If it was a 2020 selection, I would rank it lower than Aretha, Otis, Tyner, Rollins, Szabo, Hawkins, and Hathaway and probably on the same level as Herbie. Which is better than the other two choices this year.

I'll be picking Musical Massage up and I think it fits well into the Classics sub. I don't have a complaint about it being picked. If it was a 2020 selection, I would rank it lower than Aretha, Otis, Tyner, Rollins, Szabo, Hawkins, and Hathaway and probably on the same level as Herbie. Which is better than the other two choices this year.
Yeah, agree with you and @NathanRicaud on this. The back story provides the justification for the pick. From the initial tracks being given up to the fall out with Gordy around the label swap etc. Most the picks don't have that level of intrigue around the actual conception featuring such iconic figures so I get why it may have been chosen and have zero beef with that. I just didn't enjoy the album which is a different thing entirely

My copy of the Frederick Knight arrived today, will give ya'll my 2 cents on this one this afternoon. Super fast VMP box this month after last month, where I didnt' get my box until

My copy of the Frederick Knight arrived today, will give ya'll my 2 cents on this one this afternoon. Super fast VMP box this month after last month, where I didnt' get my box until
Don't leave us hanging, when did you get your box?! 😂

Same with me - my box didn't arrive until the 25th last month, and this month's already on the way.

I totally get why people aren’t digging the Musical Massage pick. It’s lathered in so much syrup and cheese it’s enough to make you sick. But... I actually like that about it. I’m really digging it.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure I like it enough to justify resubscribing. My bridge deal ends this month and the new prices are pushing me away.

I won’t comment again because I want this thread to stay mainly on track! All I will say is that I am honestly a transparent person. You can see my full name and face, and I was very open about receiving the free VMP membership. Ever since I got the free membership, I haven’t received other freebies. I’m honestly just being myself and although this sounds cringe, I just have so much love to give and I love VMP so much; maybe that’s why I can come off as quite unoriginal. I don’t care for a lot of VMP exclusives, but for the ones I do care for, like this upcoming Leon Ware ROTM, and the new Yusef Lateef store exclusive, you will always see me express my joy for them! 🙊

I am very understanding of your comment though because you want to ensure that I am being honest and transparent. I think that’s a very good thing and it’s great you’re not scared to confront me and mention what could be a possibility! I love that there’s people like you and me in this forum as it’s a nice diverse family! 🥰

Back to the Classics ROTM’s, Leon Ware’s Musical Massage is an album I’ve heard countless times and is an album I’ll be talking about Musical Massage a bit depth in a few weeks time, and why this romantic, musically smooth and intricate, warm and sexually passionate album is a masterpiece!

I feel like Musical Massage is a slick, steamy, sweaty and sensual album that drips with sexual yearnings and is an album I think would be out of many people’s comfort zone! This is the album I want to get people to appreciate! This is an album that is all about smoothness and subtleness and I think this VMP pressing is just going to be an absolute treat and will be a pressing, people will truly enjoy spinning!
I will say this buddy, you have always had the enthusiasm turned up to 11, even before you had the VMP gift!

I'm up for renewal in April. I'm only Classics at this point and I'm not really feeling it anymore, especially at these prices. I've got a ton of things I'd love to have in my collection and this recent run hasn't really inspired me the way the titles used to. The package is still really nice and maybe they will pull out something great to do in the next few months. But there is so much good stuff getting reissued now (plus lots of older pressings I'd love to track down) and the budget is limited to one or two a month.

I'm up for renewal in April. I'm only Classics at this point and I'm not really feeling it anymore, especially at these prices. I've got a ton of things I'd love to have in my collection and this recent run hasn't really inspired me the way the titles used to. The package is still really nice and maybe they will pull out something great to do in the next few months. But there is so much good stuff getting reissued now (plus lots of older pressings I'd love to track down) and the budget is limited to one or two a month.
I'm also up for renewal in April and took a 6mo bridge deal. I think the turning point for me was the PUTS release. I was pretty stoked for it, then found out there was an equally high quality pressing, but in black and without the stencil for much cheaper than it costs for me in Canada. If there's some hard to find exclusives then maybe I sign up month to month, but it's getting harder to justify the cost when some of the albums are being widely released for cheaper. That an the last three months have been meh.

I'm also up for renewal in April and took a 6mo bridge deal. I think the turning point for me was the PUTS release. I was pretty stoked for it, then found out there was an equally high quality pressing, but in black and without the stencil for much cheaper than it costs for me in Canada. If there's some hard to find exclusives then maybe I sign up month to month, but it's getting harder to justify the cost when some of the albums are being widely released for cheaper. That an the last three months have been meh.
If there was another 12 month bridge on offer I'd take it. But international sub costs at regular prices are a touch to out there for me... so will see what comes in August

Finally got around to listening to Tough Guys. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Not sure yet how many times I'm going to reach for it, but it was enjoyable. I geeked out a little to hear Run, Fay, Run as I know that one from the Kill Bill soundtrack.
Yeah, I like it too. It’s probably more lovely background music than a serious listen, but there are some real grooves on this and obviously it does sound amazing.
Has anyone listened to the Knight LP yet? Mine still to arrive, but on the way. I actually really like the songs on it- anyone got a sound report?

I have been thinking about which jazz vocalists I would be excited to see in the Classic series. The success of Blossom Dearie makes me think that another will have to pop up at some point. Vocal jazz has never been my prefered choice but its been growing on me for the past few years.

The obvious picks would be Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Sarah Vaughan, but I would also be happy to see musicians such as Esther Philips (From a Whisper to a Scream), Johnny Hartman (For Trane is an interesting one), and Etta Jones (Don't Go to Strangers was released as an exclusive so At Last! might be a good one).

I have been thinking about which jazz vocalists I would be excited to see in the Classic series. The success of Blossom Dearie makes me think that another will have to pop up at some point. Vocal jazz has never been my prefered choice but its been growing on me for the past few years.

The obvious picks would be Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Sarah Vaughan, but I would also be happy to see musicians such as Esther Philips (From a Whisper to a Scream), Johnny Hartman (For Trane is an interesting one), and Etta Jones (Don't Go to Strangers was released as an exclusive so At Last! might be a good one).
Something like Portrait of Sheila from Sheila Jordan would go over well I think. Assuming they can do another Blue Note.

Back