Vinyl Me Please Classics

i decided to read the VMP 100 albums you need book (i dunno why either).. and i found out.. they made a coctail for aretha now

Southern Harmony
Ingredients
1 1/4 fl oz (40ml) Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
3/4 fl oz (20ml) Southern Comfort Boubon and Peach liqueur
4 fl oz (125ml) sweet-and-sour mix
splash of lemon-lime soda
1 lemon wedge, to garnish
ice
Method
Half fill a sour glass with ice then pour over the whiskey, peach liqueur, sweet-and-sour mix, and soda. Stir,garnish with the lemon wedge and serve

i decided to read the VMP 100 albums you need book (i dunno why either).. and i found out.. they made a cocktail for Aretha now

Southern Harmony
Ingredients
1 1/4 fl oz (40ml) Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
3/4 fl oz (20ml) Southern Comfort Boubon and Peach liqueur
4 fl oz (125ml) sweet-and-sour mix
splash of lemon-lime soda
1 lemon wedge, to garnish
ice
Method
Half fill a sour glass with ice then pour over the whiskey, peach liqueur, sweet-and-sour mix, and soda. Stir,garnish with the lemon wedge and serve
...buuuut you don't drink, right?

alright, real question

do you think vmp, or anyone else, will do a repress of Blossom Dearie. Thinking about selling my copy cuz it's hot right now, and i just made a big purchase and would like to add the funds towards it, but wouldn't mind grabbing it again later down the road

I doubt it. It seems they only have that deal with a few ROTM and that based on demand they would have done it three times already.

alright, real question

do you think vmp, or anyone else, will do a repress of Blossom Dearie. Thinking about selling my copy cuz it's hot right now, and i just made a big purchase and would like to add the funds towards it, but wouldn't mind grabbing it again later down the road
Don’t know if you saw this Verve Label Group/UMe Announces Chad Kassem-Supervised All-Analog Classic Jazz Reissue Series

That’s basically going to be the Tone Poet series for labels like Verve, Impulse, and a few others, first batch are shipping out late July. Blossom Dearie being on Verve I wouldn’t be shocked to see it slated for release at some point if their first couple months give them the results they’re looking for. But I protect my Blossom Dearie at all costs so I will most certainly be waiting for a new and better press to come out to even consider selling it.

Don’t know if you saw this Verve Label Group/UMe Announces Chad Kassem-Supervised All-Analog Classic Jazz Reissue Series

That’s basically going to be the Tone Poet series for labels like Verve, Impulse, and a few others, first batch are shipping out late July. Blossom Dearie being on Verve I wouldn’t be shocked to see it slated for release at some point if their first couple months give them the results they’re looking for. But I protect my Blossom Dearie at all costs so I will most certainly be waiting for a new and better press to come out to even consider selling it.
I did not know about this so thank you:)

all analogue coltrane records?

i thought they were all burned in the fire

all analogue coltrane records?

i thought they were all burned in the fire
That seems to be causing a lot of confusion rightfully so. I wonder how true that can be, with that being said AP records all sound phenomenal so I’m sure whatever source they’re working with is as close to an original tape as possible.

But damn, sign me up for AAA Love Supreme for $35. Hopefully this series continues for years like Tone Poets have!

Damn those AAA verve and label adjacent reissues are news to me! I will probably be buying every one of those listed (except the Clifford Brown, I have the Mosaic box). I wonder if they will reuse AP plates if possible?

Look at the first batch. One is mastered by George Marino who passed some years ago, so that will be using the previous mastering. Coltrane Impulse true masters are gone, those two will likely be the previous Gray masterings, which were likely done from second gen tapes. This is no Tone Poet, guys. Many Verve, and pretty much all true Impulse original masters are gone. Unimpressive.

Look at the first batch. One is mastered by George Marino who passed some years ago, so that will be using the previous mastering. Coltrane Impulse true masters are gone, those two will likely be the previous Gray masterings, which were likely done from second gen tapes. This is no Tone Poet, guys. Many Verve, and pretty much all true Impulse original masters are gone. Unimpressive.

Sounds like you've already made your mind up what it will sound like. I'll wait until here some vinyl. I'm still hopeful it will sound good given the people involved in the project.

For some of the records in the list it might be the only opportunity to get a decent sounding copy at a reasonable price.

Back