Vinyl Me Please Classics

Look at the first batch. One is mastered by George Marino who passed some years ago, so that will be using the previous mastering. Coltrane Impulse true masters are gone, those two will likely be the previous Gray masterings, which were likely done from second gen tapes. This is no Tone Poet, guys. Many Verve, and pretty much all true Impulse original masters are gone. Unimpressive.
Got this from their IG today. If AP is committing to creating the definitive 33RPM editions of classic records I believe them. They have been the benchmark for quality releases in the vinyl industry.33AD6041-5D3A-4AC8-A0DF-10FFD0D328D0.png

Something's telling me July's Classics pick will be Aretha Franklin's Young, Gifted and Black. Too many possibilities to choose from, but I remember when the reissue for I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You came out last December, it was hinted that more Aretha was on the way. If it's Young, Gifted and Black, I may check it out. I have a rare mono pressing of that particular classic that was only available as a radio promo. My copy may actually be a stereo fold down, but it still sounds pretty darn good.

Something's telling me July's Classics pick will be Aretha Franklin's Young, Gifted and Black. Too many possibilities to choose from, but I remember when the reissue for I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You came out last December, it was hinted that more Aretha was on the way. If it's Young, Gifted and Black, I may check it out. I have a rare mono pressing of that particular classic that was only available as a radio promo. My copy may actually be a stereo fold down, but it still sounds pretty darn good.
They did Aretha Franklin’s “Aretha Now” earlier this year as a Classics pick. So it will not be Aretha Franklin unfortunately! 😅

Did you not pick up Aretha Franklin’s “Aretha Now”? 🤔

Usually they only feature an artist once for each track and they already featured her in both the Essentials and Classics tracks. Though if they wanna bend the rules for more Aretha a doubt they would get too many complaints.

For those hoping for Return To Forever, I have seen several claims that the ECM reissue is AAA and it is available from Target during their sale. In my light digging, I haven't been able to confirm that explicitly, but reviews seem good.

For those hoping for Return To Forever, I have seen several claims that the ECM reissue is AAA and it is available from Target during their sale. In my light digging, I haven't been able to confirm that explicitly, but reviews seem good.
The first US issue in the 70’s was cut by Bob Ludwig. I have it and sounds absolutely fantastic but I’ve never bought another copy. It’s cheap for a clean copy too, $10 should get you a nice one. I don’t think that album could sound bad though.

The first US issue in the 70’s was cut by Bob Ludwig. I have it and sounds absolutely fantastic but I’ve never bought another copy. It’s cheap for a clean copy too, $10 should get you a nice one. I don’t think that album could sound bad though.
Thanks, that's probably what I would do if I were going for it, but I know some people don't like going used.

Back