Vinyl Me Please Classics

My account is showing classics but with the stooges as the record. Welp, its either an error or I'm getting a free stooges record right?

I think The New Tristano would count as the last new LP released during his lifetime, if you consider the compilation stuff as not a new LP.
I looked up the write up in the Penguin Guide to Jazz on this one and it starts off with "[The New Tristano] is an essential album" so that is promising. Everything I see about this says it's one of the greatest solo piano albums ever made. One review calls it "the greatest solo jazz piano album bar none."
Is that Lenny Tristano? I only know him from Billy Bauer on guitar. That's OLD SCHOOL jazz. And decent, but not highly in demand I would reckon.

Is that Lenny Tristano? I only know him from Billy Bauer on guitar. That's OLD SCHOOL jazz. And decent, but not highly in demand I would reckon.

Yeah. Maybe not as mainstream as some hard bop big names, but a forgotten classic no doubt well deserving of a reissue. This should please the crowd who pines for only albums that are long OOP or hard to find but are true essential albums.

Yeah. Maybe not as mainstream as some hard bop big names, but a forgotten classic no doubt well deserving of a reissue. This should please the crowd who pines for only albums that are long OOP or hard to find but are true essential albums.
I could definitely get behind this as a classics release frankly. It seems like there’s a couple great guesses floating around rn and I’d be more than happy to receive any of them

Bah. Mine hasn’t shipped yet. I’m assuming because I swapped Rick Ross for Yves Tumor.
Trying to figure why someone's order has shipped and why yours hasn't is about a productive as trying to divine the future from dog turds. I am just Otis and the Stooges and no shipping notice yet for me. Plus the way VMP has been shipping lately, I get the email notice and then a week later it actually leaves the warehouse.

Not even a shipping notice. Although I did see someone in my hood post that someone just stole records off of their doorstep. So there's that.
It seems that a lot of orders have been showing up sans shipping notice this month so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these orders are actually already out.

It seems that a lot of orders have been showing up sans shipping notice this month so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these orders are actually already out.
Yeah, had something show up from a Bandcamp order without notice. Think it's happening a bit. Still haven't seen anybody say they've got the Woodstock box yet. I've got that and a couple others.

Not even a shipping notice. Although I did see someone in my hood post that someone just stole records off of their doorstep. So there's that.
I never got a shipping notice but received 2 of the 3 (Missing Rick Ross) today. Seems like they are not really fucking with shipping notices this month for some reason.

Also, that’s a pretty ballsy porch pirate to swipe stuff off porches with so many people working from home right now.

I never got a shipping notice but received 2 of the 3 (Missing Rick Ross) today. Seems like they are not really fucking with shipping notices this month for some reason.

Also, that’s a pretty ballsy porch pirate to swipe stuff off porches with so many people working from home right now.

Yeah, I was hoping my Otis and Funkadelic would show up today.

Those people said they were home and waiting for the package, but missed seeing the driver pull up. Quick grab. There's a few things that just shouldn't be stolen, and golf clubs and records are near the top of the list :)

Got my Otis and Stooges today with no shipping notification, but no Woodstock box yet. Anybody get a Woodstock box that swapped for one yet?
Haven’t received yet but I have two packages on their way from VMP according to Informed Delivery. I got Stooges, Otis and Woodstock. I’m guessing they shipped the Woodstock separately due to its size.

Back