Vinyl Me Please Classics

Got shipment notification for Jolene from the sale a few weeks ago and when it arrived today I also got my Otis Redding which wasn’t part of the shipment email. Wonder if I will get a second one with the rest of my monthly delivery?

I am a huge Marvin Gaye fan! He’s one of my favourite artists and I love how indulgent, lavish, rich and sexy a lot his music is! My personal top 5 in order are:

1. I Want You
2. What’s Going On
3. Here, My Dear
4. Let’s Get It On
5. Diana & Marvin

I Want You, What’s Going On & Here, My Dear are all albums that have a special place in my heart. I love them, with a lot of passion!

Good picks. One of my top 5 is a release called Vulnerable which has only come out on CD I think. It’s gorgeous

I highly doubt it's gonna be a Blue Note album like Morgan since I'm pretty sure those are all in tact, at least tapes from that era. It's probably something where the tapes are missing or are in bad shape.

If Craft wasn't doing their own reissue this summer, I thought James Booker - Classified fit the clues so far. Granted, more blues/r&b than jazz, but I would have been into it :)

John Coltrane - Meditations

From what I could tell, it was his last album during his lifetime and hasn't seen a reissue any time recently.
Oof gotta be in the right mood for late career Coltrane. Probably/almost certainly won’t be him since we got that Miles Davis/Coltrane live album a few years back. Kind of hope we aren’t getting a free jazz album.

Oof gotta be in the right mood for late career Coltrane. Probably/almost certainly won’t be him since we got that Miles Davis/Coltrane live album a few years back. Kind of hope we aren’t getting a free jazz album.

storf said Coltrane is still eligible but not Miles. I’m skeptical it’ll be Coltrane this time though

Back