Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I just can’t figure out how they got it right on the mock-ups but wrong on all the actual artwork
It's a mistake. Shit happens. I get it, it's a pricey box. But the spelling mistake aside, this is a magnificent box. To me, the best packaging/presentation from VMP yet.

I don't understand the regular complaints. I never get a flaw from the shipping VMP does, I have only once got a defective pressing (Mars Volta, which VMP repressed), all my PIR records were correct in the correct sleeves - aside from the typo, a perfect set that actually exceeds my expectations.

I won't get all OCD about the typo. It's kind of a conversation piece or trivia question thing.

And VMP are fixing the printer's error. No big deal here.

I think, at least from my perspective, the deal is that each one of these mistakes cost money. Each one of these boxes will be reprinted, and shipped out all across the globe. The more mistakes are made, the more VMP pays to resolve the issues, the more chance this added cost will be passed down to members somewhere down the line.

It's a simple error, but one that just needed one or two more eyes on it to catch, taking almost no time at all...but it's resolving the issue that's going to cost them exponentially more to do.

don't understand the regular complaints. I never get a flaw from the shipping VMP does, I have only once got a defective pressing (Mars Volta, which VMP repressed), all my PIR records were correct in the correct sleeves - aside from the typo, a perfect set that actually exceeds my expectations.
Sounds like either you have been incredibly lucky or everyone that has ever had a problem is a whiny idiot.

Last edited:
It's a mistake. Shit happens. I get it, it's a pricey box. But the spelling mistake aside, this is a magnificent box. To me, the best packaging/presentation from VMP yet.

I don't understand the regular complaints. I never get a flaw from the shipping VMP does, I have only once got a defective pressing (Mars Volta, which VMP repressed), all my PIR records were correct in the correct sleeves - aside from the typo, a perfect set that actually exceeds my expectations.

I won't get all OCD about the typo. It's kind of a conversation piece or trivia question thing.

It's just kind of a big mistake for something like that and isn't the first time it has happened. It's a lack of attention to detail for a premium product.

I'm glad you're enjoying the box set and that the quality is good. I've had a few issues with the anthologies I've purchased. They all got resolved, even if it took a lot of back and forth and was frustrating (like them telling me they couldn't send me a replacement Zamrock album that was completely missing from my box set so they offered me any other VMP album that was in stock). I understand that mistakes can happen but spelling Philadelphia incorrectly on the box is a pretty amateur mistake. And I'm with @bdrummond --this cost gets passed back down to us one way or another.

If you know that you've had issues in the past with typos on packaging, etc, how do you not have someone double-checking everything? They pretty regularly put the wrong info on hype stickers, alter album artwork or have typos, etc. There seems to be a total lack of communication and oversight with VMP. I mean hell...Storf is going around saying the upcoming Aretha reissue is AAA when it's not.

I also get that people seem to pile on VMP but A) they're an easy target because they make a bunch of easily corrected mistakes and B) they are priced as a premium product but don't always give you the premium product.

Did they say they are going to reprint the boxes now?

I think, at least from my perspective, the deal is that each one of these mistakes cost money. Each one of these boxes will be reprinted, and shipped out all across the globe. The more mistakes are made, the more VMP pays to resolve the issues, the more chance this added cost will be passed down to members somewhere down the line.

It's a simple error, but one that just needed one or two more eyes on it to catch, taking almost no time at all...but it's resolving the issue that's going to cost them exponentially more to do.
Also, it’s systemic of larger issues with QC issues that show up regularly for MANY of their customers. It’s much easier to cut VMP slack if similar shit didn’t keep happening all the while their prices keep raising higher and wait times keep getting longer.

Also, it’s systemic of larger issues with QC issues that show up regularly for MANY of their customers. It’s much easier to cut VMP slack if similar shit didn’t keep happening all the while their prices keep raising higher and wait times keep getting longer.
I can tell you right now I won't stand for another price hike. I'm already on and off membership depending on the month because of the costs, it won't even be a thought if they raise again.

Tonight we dine in the blood of the enemy: Never Forget @mcherry

I can tell you right now I won't stand for another price hike. I'm already on and off membership depending on the month because of the costs, it won't even be a thought if they raise again.
Get used to price hikes on everything. They are already here and are going to get worse.

It's not VMP. It is the industry overall. Chad hiked prices heavily, everyone else has. In fact, in some cases Chad is simply gouging. And Chad has pressing issues as well, for $100 records. VMP rely on the pressing plants and printing companies.

Yes, they should have caught the typo before it went out. Likely, they neve saw it. The boxes went straight from the printer to have the records inserted and boxed to ship. That's the way supply chains work. They only knew when customers receiving the boxes told them.

Also, I would rather have the typo box now that wait a few months for the little typo to be fixed.

If it a printer mistake, the printer pays for the replacements, BTW.

It's not VMP. It is the industry overall. Chad hiked prices heavily, everyone else has. In fact, in some cases Chad is simply gouging. And Chad has pressing issues as well, for $100 records. VMP rely on the pressing plants and printing companies.

Yes, they should have caught the typo before it went out. Likely, they neve saw it. The boxes went straight from the printer to have the records inserted and boxed to ship. That's the way supply chains work. They only knew when customers receiving the boxes told them.

Also, I would rather have the typo box now that wait a few months for the little typo to be fixed.

If it a printer mistake, the printer pays for the replacements, BTW.
VMP went from $27 a month to $40 though. That's a larger increase than Chad or other places. And arguably the quality actually went DOWN by going from QRP to GZ. If they go up again, it's really an awful price for what you get for the most part.

VMP went from $27 a month to $40 though. That's a larger increase than Chad or other places. And arguably the quality actually went DOWN by going from QRP to GZ. If they go up again, it's really an awful price for what you get for the most part.
Exactly, even worse prices Internationally.

You can say "get used to price hikes", and that's fine. I just won't pay it and go elsewhere to buy records.

I don't know how many times one has to repeat "I expect a premium product for a premium price" for it to actually make sense how unacceptable this is all starting to be.

Out of curiosity, does anyone actually remember the exact justification for the price hike to begin with?

Back