Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I am in the same boat as my membership expires at the end of the month and I have ~$150 in Credits.
I reached out to Storf to see if I he could provide any info, and I got the following non-answer:

"Impulse: it’s happening. This year. I helped curate and produce it with feedback from Impulse team/our on staff Impulse obsessives. Bc we know it’s going to be arguably the most beloved box we do this year/next/ever? We’re making sure to get it done right. There’s no chance y’all will miss that it’s coming, so just hang tight. It’s the box I personally have been most excited for since Stax. Can’t wait till it comes."

My immediate response was, "Fingers crossed that Ptah the El Daoud is one of the picks. And I hope by “making sure to get it done right.”, you mean getting it pressed somewhere other than GZ. If that means it doesn’t come out until Q3 to get it pressed at RTI or Pallas or QRP that’s fine by me." to which I haven't heard back.

This part made me laugh. The previous anthologies didn’t matter.

Make sure you sell it with the wrong cover for Gordon and the flipped label version of the Shorter. That will make it more valuable.

Edit: Just looked again, and they are including both Gordon covers.
Wow, it was like $80 5 minutes ago....
It was me. I did this. Don’t get drunk and bid on shit on eBay. I will honor this bid though…

Last edited:
i Mean…it is an awesome set. But I would probably sell mine for around that price haha
This one isn't AAA, right?

Sigh. It just looks so nice and goddamn it, I want the Horace and Dexter albums even if they skimped on the jackets.

It'll sit well next to my Herbie and Quincy sets.

This one isn't AAA, right?

Sigh. It just looks so nice and goddamn it, I want the Horace and Dexter albums even if they skimped on the jackets.

It'll sit well next to my Herbie and Quincy sets.
I’m pretty sure it is AAA except for Ambrose Akinmusire which was recorded digitally.

I'm slightly aggravated that I was never able to get a Lou Donaldson, or a busted box. But I have everything else including a mangled booklet.
Dang, wish I knew you were piece-mealing a box set together. When I was on the lookout for a set about a year ago I saw someone selling the box by itself for about $20 on discogs.

Dang, wish I knew you were piece-mealing a box set together. When I was on the lookout for a set about a year ago I saw someone selling the box by itself for about $20 on discogs.
Haha yeah back when first came out there were so many issues that there were copies just flying around on the forum for PIF and cheap sale so I managed to compile a full set but I wanted it to be totally jacked like the initial pressings were before they fixed everything. So I've got this box with every single issue that set had. But missing sweet Lou because it was one of the only discs that didn't have constant replacements going out...

Back