Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Say what you want about VMP (and I have said a TON), but the BN box set was great. Really kicked my interest in jazz into high gear. For me, except for the Dexter cover and Shorter labels, my records were well pressed.
For sure, most of the issues with that one were on the jacket side of things. By most accounts the record themselves were pretty well done

Say what you want about VMP (and I have said a TON), but the BN box set was great. Really kicked my interest in jazz into high gear. For me, except for the Dexter cover and Shorter labels, my records were well pressed.
Yep. I actually really enjoy the 3 anthologies I ended up buying. Blue Note, Zamrock and Tribe Records. BN exposed me to some newer jazz like Ambrose Akinmusire too who is now one of my favorite contemporary jazz musicians

Say what you want about the records in the Blue Note Anthology being well pressed, but fuck VMP forever and always.
Well, I guess I’ll get to see what the hullabaloo was about because I just won the auction.

Learn from my mistakes, don’t bid while drunk.

Well, I guess I’ll get to see what the hullabaloo was about because I just won the auction.

You'll love it! Sure you learned a lesson - but you gained a boxset of awesome music.

It's a really fucking good box set. The Horace Silver and Dexter Gordon LPs are absolute standouts imo.

I ordered the Philadelphia International set when it went up for pre-order, but now like 4 months later that $300+ bucks is looking real nice back in my bank account.

This seems like one of the best Anthologies in a while.. but I'm considering cancelling my order.

My heart tells me to keep it, my brain tells me I could use that money. (For context I'm not eating ramen noodles 3x a day)

Help.

I ordered the Philadelphia International set when it went up for pre-order, but now like 4 months later that $300+ bucks is looking real nice back in my bank account.

This seems like one of the best Anthologies in a while.. but I'm considering cancelling my order.

My heart tells me to keep it, my brain tells me I could use that money. (For context I'm not eating ramen noodles 3x a day)

Help.
I’ll buy it off you.

Listening to my Herbie Hancock - River: The Joni Letters rn from the boxset, such a lovely album isn't it. Love how quiet and nocturnal it feels.

Really tempted by the Quincy Jones boxset, but really want to see what albums will be included in the Impulse anthology.

Listening to my Herbie Hancock - River: The Joni Letters rn from the boxset, such a lovely album isn't it. Love how quiet and nocturnal it feels.

Really tempted by the Quincy Jones boxset, but really want to see what albums will be included in the Impulse anthology.
I'm legit tempted to buy the box just for that and piano. I'll prob just give in and get river on cd.

I'm legit tempted to buy the box just for that and piano. I'll prob just give in and get river on cd.
Piano is stunning as well, I had a hard time getting a quiet copy though fwiw, still not 100% with it but it does the trick when I'm not being prim lol. That being said, the addition of a stellar Maiden Voyage + EXCELLENT Head Hunters well made up for it.

Piano is stunning as well, I had a hard time getting a quiet copy though fwiw, still not 100% with it but it does the trick when I'm not being prim lol. That being said, the addition of a stellar Maiden Voyage + EXCELLENT Head Hunters well made up for it.
I probably would have gone for the Herbie box if they had swapped out some of the titles with some harder to find ones like Empyrean Isles or some of his other fusion albums. Couldn’t justify buying it since I had the AP head hunters and the BN classics of Takin Off and Maiden Voyage.

Cautiously anxious about the Impulse anthology though…

Back