Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'm tempted, but not enough. These are exclusive colors as far as I can tell-- which means they'll get repressed on standard black at some point a la Ghostly?

Who has rights to the Philly International label? I'd buy a couple individual titles if/when they release.

I'm tempted, but not enough. These are exclusive colors as far as I can tell-- which means they'll get repressed on standard black at some point a la Ghostly?

Who has rights to the Philly International label? I'd buy a couple individual titles if/when they release.
even the black anthologies have been getting some breakout releases I think. I've seen a bunch of the Zamrock titles being released separately.

well nevermind what I said then! They always sent me a code but for some reason I haven't gotten one in awhile despite having purchased a few anthologies.

i actually got two announcement emails, both pretty much the same content except one showed the $349 -> $299 non-member/member graphic and the other showed a $349 -> $299 past anthology purchasers graphic with a code notification right below it.

@DJSJ i did just get an email from VMP that went to spam with a coupon for being a previous anthology member. it won't stack with member price though.

thanks @AndySlash --just saw mine in spam.

@DJSJ i did just get an email from VMP that went to spam with a coupon for being a previous anthology member. it won't stack with member price though.

thanks @AndySlash --just saw mine in spam.
Weird, still nothing on my end (even in spam). It's fine though, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting this one anyway, theres just a couple real tempting records in there.

Weird, still nothing on my end (even in spam). It's fine though, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting this one anyway, theres just a couple real tempting records in there.
strange! you could always message them and see...mine looks like the normal announcement and as @AndySlash said there's a tiny code on the bottom of the email.

The Tribe/Hancock were cheaper per LP if I recall correctly. The Tribe was 7 lps and I paid 200 for it. 250 would have been on the mark for this.
Tribe had the double-dip discount code. It was supposed to be $299/$250 with discount. Herbie was $289 with the discount so was one of the cheaper ones on a per-LP price since it had 11 LPs in it (8 albums).

Tribe had the double-dip discount code. It was supposed to be $299/$250 with discount. Herbie was $289 with the discount so was one of the cheaper ones on a per-LP price since it had 11 LPs in it (8 albums).
The Tribe/Hancock were cheaper per LP if I recall correctly. The Tribe was 7 lps and I paid 200 for it. 250 would have been on the mark for this.

While the Hancock may have been cheaper per LP, I think the RTI vs. GZ situation here means more value in this case. Especially since it seemed I was reading every single person who picked up the Hancock and Metal Blade needed at least one round of replacement for one or more titles. Hopefully, the changeover means that won't be an issue this time.

Leon Huff's Here to Create Music and the self-titled album from The Three Degrees. I'll probably check them both out later this week, once I've cleared through all or most of my current queue.
I don’t know that Leon Huff album either, but the self-titled The Three Degrees album is great! The production especially is impressive!

This is a solid set. I already have three of the albums though, and I’m happy with how they sound. I have three anthologies, and while I highly enjoy them, I’m not so sure if the price point is worth it for me overall.

Think I’ll sit this one out. But this should be an excellent set for anyone who does pick this up.

This is a solid set. I already have three of the albums though, and I’m happy with how they sound. I have three anthologies, and while I highly enjoy them, I’m not so sure if the price point is worth it for me overall.

Think I’ll sit this one out. But this should be an excellent set for anyone who does pick this up.
I think this is exactly where I am, even down to anthologies. I could see picking up some of these albums, but 300 is steep.

Had been waiting on this one. Had to get it. I've really enjoyed the whole PIR Anniversary campaign. I got some nice new vinyl "best of" comps they've been releasing this year as part of it. One label best of and lots of artist specific. 7 in all. Box set worthy alone. Here's the official site. Check the store for the comps. 👉 Sound Of Philadelphia

Back