Vinyl Me Please Anthology

It probably does not matter to the dead when and how much vmp sells off the boxes because they will have their money for the license already so they probably do the individual release whenever they want
Well yeah, I’m sure to the Dead it doesn’t matter. I’m more speaking from a consumer perspective as to when those albums - which are fetching ridiculous prices - may be available.

Last edited:
I find myself always playing some album from the Metal Blade box. The mastering isn't the best, but I've found the music overcomes that, and demands to be cranked anyway.

Cannibal Corpse and Black Dahlia Murder are the highlights, just 2 ripping albums that every fan of heavy music should own.

Omen and King Diamond are new favorites for me. Always liked Mercyful Fate, but the theatricality of KD's albums always turned me off, perheps I'll listen to more.

GWAR and Amon Amarth are 2 bands I liked but didn't own much material from. Both incredibly fun listens, great to drink to, that make me want to run out and start a revolution.

Armored Saint and Fates Warning I don't like so much. Fates Warning is just the prog stuff I don't find myself too attached to, and Armored Saint sounds like dads jamming. Really don't get why they went with this one for their 2010's pick.

In the end, probably overpriced, probably wouldn't purchase again, but fun as hell to listen to.

Last edited:
Quick question for others that bought the Herbie Hancock anthology:

Do you have a truly clean & quiet LP1 for 1+1 with no surface noise or stitching (especially in the first 30 seconds or so of track 2 on side A)?

I am now on my 5th replacement copy and they all have significant issues throughout, but especially a lot of stitching/non-fill in the exact same spots. Curious about others' experiences before I give up and take the credit...

The outer box isn’t particularly special but I do like the piano key arrangement inside.

Herbie himself signed off on it, so *shrug*

Yeah, I don't find the graphic design on the Herbie Anthology particularly inspired, but I also don't find it that bad either.

That said, there have been many times though where it's clear the quality control / eye for detail of their design process is severely lacking, so I always find it amusing when they advertise that something was designed by Clay Condor (who got hired off the old forums). It's like saying the Listening Notes books are written by the "best in the business", when they were written by Storf.

Yeah, I don't find the graphic design on the Herbie Anthology particularly inspired, but I also don't find it that bad either.

That said, there have been many times though where it's clear the quality control / eye for detail of their design process is severely lacking, so I always find it amusing when they advertise that something was designed by Clay Condor (who got hired off the old forums). It's like saying the Listening Notes books are written by the "best in the business", when they were written by Storf.
Pretty much. It's not a selling point. I don't think the design is bad by any means, but it isn't that inspired.

VMP teasing a new Anthology in their weekly Standard email. Shows an acoustic guitar and says "An Anthology for the Connoisseur". Details tomorrow at 2pm EST.

Back