Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Metal isn't really my thing (except for bands like Motley Crue lol), but I will say that set is a pretty damned nice selection. I do have a soft spot for Gwar with them being my college-town local band. Charlottesville can claim Dave Matthews, but they ain't got nothing on RVA and Gwar. 👺

Is there pressings numbers anywhere? I don't see any. Honestly pressing to meet demand (Third Man Vault style) with a cutoff date would probably be a better method for these, but I have to imagine this is in production already with a targeted May ship date

Edit: Nevermind, according to Twitter "First edition + limited to 1,000"

Last edited:
If anybody wants my Anthology discount code on this one, let me know. I'm guessing it might bring the member price down to $200. First dibs to @duke86fan if you want it!

Looks like I actually got 2 codes...

At the members price it breaks down to about $31.25 an album which is fair. That Cannibal Corpse LP goes for a lot of $$$. This set is not for me but it’s a good value for sure.
I got the email, I'm not much of a metal head so I was curious to see the general consensus in here about the album selection :)

If anybody wants my Anthology discount code on this one, let me know. I'm guessing it might bring the member price down to $200. First dibs to @duke86fan if you want it!

Looks like I actually got 2 codes...
I'll take one of those codes!

I'm not getting it, but I also didn't get any codes... did they go out separate from the announcement email?

No repeat albums, been wanting more metal, fair price, and keep the anthology completionist going. Sure. May shipping so I'd hope anthology 10 doesn't hit for at least 3 months

I got the email, I'm not much of a metal head so I was curious to see the general consensus in here about the album selection :)
All (except for the strange Armored Saint pick. They've done much better albums they could've gone with) are solid picks. Cannibal Corpse and Omen are grade A classics (and Cannibal Corpse hard to find under 100 bucks nowadays). So yeah, a great primer for the genre IMO. Not a member at the moment (and I don't plan to be either), but if I were, this would have been an instant buy.

Back