Vinyl Me Please Anthology

At this point the set is a disaster for us. It’s a shame that more people aren’t having issues with it. According to discogs this box is absolutely perfect to everyone besides me!
in the past, a lot of the people on discogs saying some of these box sets were perfect are the same people trying to sell the box sets for $600+ haha

in the past, a lot of the people on discogs saying some of these box sets were perfect are the same people trying to sell the box sets for $600+ haha
I wouldn't sell mine. There have just been too many issues and even if I felt they were resolved to an acceptable standard I'd not be comfortable passing this on in case there are even more issues that my system isn't digging out.

I wouldn't sell mine. There have just been too many issues and even if I felt they were resolved to an acceptable standard I'd not be comfortable passing this on in case there are even more issues that my system isn't digging out.
Oh yea--I mean just going by the discogs reviews on things like this aren't necessarily the best source of whether or not people have been getting damaged copies.

Oh yea--I mean just going by the discogs reviews on things like this aren't necessarily the best source of whether or not people have been getting damaged copies.
Those reviews have given me a massive complex to be honest. I've messed around endlessly with my system to see if the problems were the way I had things set up as it seemed strange that so much of my box wasn't quite right there but others were saying that they had 'best versions ever'. I'm pretty sure most those reviews are proper bollocks now.

Those reviews have given me a massive complex to be honest. I've messed around endlessly with my system to see if the problems were the way I had things set up as it seemed strange that so much of my box wasn't quite right there but others were saying that they had 'best versions ever'. I'm pretty sure most those reviews are proper bollocks now.
A lot of times, the price people pay for something affects their opinions of it. I have seen this with the ERC pressings too. I'd trust other peoples' opinions on here rather than randos on discogs and also just trust your ears!

A lot of times, the price people pay for something affects their opinions of it. I have seen this with the ERC pressings too. I'd trust other peoples' opinions on here rather than randos on discogs and also just trust your ears!
Yeah. Totally agree. No one wants to think they've spent that much money on essentially a very nice looking bookshop. Things are generally looking better with my replacements but still not right and it's taking some doing. And this is qrp pressing and plating. God only knows what the Herbie box is going to be like 😂

But you know what. My replacement Without A Net LPs are absolutely fantastic. There is something about Help>Slip>Franklin's that brings forgiveness. And this clean copy does sound absolutely brilliant.

But you know what. My replacement Without A Net LPs are absolutely fantastic. There is something about Help>Slip>Franklin's that brings forgiveness. And this clean copy does sound absolutely brilliant.
Yep, I'm actually down to two needed replacements and one is pretty minor, but still shouldnt be happening for the price... But all in all I'm pretty happy now... Still want that 2LP 45 Workingman's though...

Last edited:
I am always wary of buying VMP titles on the secondary market unless they either list an issue or explicitly state it is in perfect condition. There is too many bum copies of VMP titles floating around not to account for these things when attempting to sell.

I am always wary of buying VMP titles on the secondary market unless they either list an issue or explicitly state it is in perfect condition. There is too many bum copies of VMP titles floating around not to account for these things when attempting to sell.
I would never buy a unopened copy of any VMP release. No chance in hell.

So my VMP orders says The Story of Tribe Records is in stock. Haven't seen anything online about when it will go out, other than the original February 2021 statement. Hoping this is on time!

So my VMP orders says The Story of Tribe Records is in stock. Haven't seen anything online about when it will go out, other than the original February 2021 statement. Hoping this is on time!
I hope so too! I’m moving soon and can’t imagine how badly it will go if I try to get VMP to attempt to change my address haha

I just received an email saying that the Tribe set is now expected to ship in March due to “inclement weather”.

Edit: The email says early March

If it’s any consolation, early March is literally next week. I admit I am starting to lose all sense of time...
I’m just moving soon so with how slow USPS is, a bit worried about still living here when it arrives if it keeps getting pushed back

Back