Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I wonder if today is announcement with sign up later this week? Don't we normally get a discount as members/previous subscribers?

I'm gunna guess it's going to be a metal retrospective that will track the earliest "metal" album up through the years ending with a more recent release. Will likely include a Black Sabbath album, and will not be useful to any actual metal heads because they will already own almost every record in the collection. I think it's more likely to be an all encompassing metal primer pack rather than a deep dive into any one artist or label...

OR...

I'll be completely fucking wrong.

I'm gunna guess it's going to be a metal retrospective that will track the earliest "metal" album up through the years ending with a more recent release. Will likely include a Black Sabbath album, and will not be useful to any actual metal heads because they will already own almost every record in the collection. I think it's more likely to be an all encompassing metal primer pack rather than a deep dive into any one artist or label...

OR...

I'll be completely fucking wrong.
Nah, I think we're either looking at a label or a band. Wouldn't it be pretty expensive to collect the rights to bands from different labels in a single box?
It could be a chronicle of a certain scene (say Bay Area thrash, Scandinavian death metal or NWOBHM) with one label as common thread (say Earache, Nuclear Blast or Metal Blade)

BUT
I could be completely wrong as well....:LOL:

Nah, I think we're either looking at a label or a band. Wouldn't it be pretty expensive to collect the rights to bands from different labels in a single box?
It could be a chronicle of a certain scene (say Bay Area thrash, Scandinavian death metal or NWOBHM) with one label as common thread (say Earache, Nuclear Blast or Metal Blade)

BUT
I could be completely wrong as well....:LOL:
You make good points. You've changed my mind I agree with this guy, I'm probably wrong.

BUUUT MAYBEEEEE

But yeah likely wrong...

Honestly the main reason I think this is going to be a very broad anthology rather than pinpointing a single band or label or scene is that VMP does almost no metal. Ever. And I feel like they're going to want to appeal to the widest audience they can with this one because it's not the usual lane they occupy and MOST members are likely not going to be into something that's so specifically targeted...

Honestly the main reason I think this is going to be a very broad anthology rather than pinpointing a single band or label or scene is that VMP does almost no metal. Ever. And I feel like they're going to want to appeal to the widest audience they can with this one because it's not the usual lane they occupy and MOST members are likely not going to be into something that's so specifically targeted...
That's a good point as well! And the sole reason I first thought that they aim for something like the Man's Ruin label. Aaaalmost metal, but not quite, and still has that hipster cred that they always seem to push for.
But on the other hand, there's been talk of them testing the waters for a possible metal track with this, so who knows?

Back