Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Did the Herbie Anthology get released yet? Wasn't there already a couple of these before it? 🤔

They've been having numerous pressing issues with Herbie and it's pushed back to like, April I think? The Tribe Anthology theoretically should begin shipping in the next week or so. Not sure if any other anthologies are still out in the wilderness.

They've been having numerous pressing issues with Herbie and it's pushed back to like, April I think? The Tribe Anthology theoretically should begin shipping in the next week or so. Not sure if any other anthologies are still out in the wilderness.
Herbie and Tribe are the only 2 announced but not technically released yet. As you said, Tribe is supposedly early March now and who knows on Herbie...

ATCQ anthology would be incredible though.
I own 4 ATCQ LP’s and would still do it, if it meant I got a 2xLP version of Midnight Marauder and a reissue of The Love Movement. Ideally though if someone could just reissue those two albums I would but even happier still.
Yup! ATCQ would be a great anthology!

How about an anthology of Man's Ruin? A label with a cult reputation, and several artists that I can easily connect with VMP (High on Fire, QOTSA, Turbonegro, Kyuss). Or maybe the complete first editions of Desert sessions?

How about an anthology of Man's Ruin? A label with a cult reputation, and several artists that I can easily connect with VMP (High on Fire, QOTSA, Turbonegro, Kyuss). Or maybe the complete first editions of Desert sessions?
You might be on to something here 🤔

You might be on to something here 🤔
On second though though, Man's Ruin was a bit too eclectic to be defined as a "metal" label per se. And their output is pretty abysmal and obscure beyond Desert Session, QOTSA and Hellacopters. So Slayer or Metal Blade is probably more likely. But on the other hand, they defined their Queen AOTM as a "heavy" album at some point.....

I don't consider any of the bands being discussed as metal. Hard rock? Yes. Will be interesting to see what is coming down the pike. I mean, if they want to put together an anthology of the first wave or second wave of Norwegian Black Metal, I'm in.

Edit: other than Ratt, of course, though I got rid of my cassettes about three decades ago along with the rest of the hair variety.

I don't consider any of the bands being discussed as metal. Hard rock? Yes. Will be interesting to see what is coming down the pike. I mean, if they want to put together an anthology of the first wave or second wave of Norwegian Black Metal, I'm in.

Edit: other than Ratt, of course, though I got rid of my cassettes about three decades ago along with the rest of the hair variety.
While I agree, I don't really trust VMP to really know the difference. They actually promoted both Queen and QOTSA as heavy metal at some point...
Would be pretty hilarious if they've managed to get all the metalheads in the club stoked, only to find out we're getting Warrant and Cinderella. We'll find out in a couple of hours, I guess. I'd be down for some Norwegian black metal as well, btw!

Back