Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah could be? It's odd it took so long.
I believe the Anthology ships out of a different warehouse so with the holidays, it's possible that could have just been the delay. Not sure if they still ship out of a diff location but thats what happened with Zamrock.

I go back and forth on the Herbie Anthology constantly. Part of me wants it because I adore Herbie and I know I’d enjoy the set (even if I am disappointed by the exclusion of certain albums). The rational part of me says “no” given the crazy price tag. If it was $100 less? I’d have ordered it day one.

I go back and forth on the Herbie Anthology constantly. Part of me wants it because I adore Herbie and I know I’d enjoy the set (even if I am disappointed by the exclusion of certain albums). The rational part of me says “no” given the crazy price tag. If it was $100 less? I’d have ordered it day one.
I occasionally forget I've ordered it. Then VMP email trying to sell me a second copy and it all comes rushing back.

The Piano is still one of my fave discoveries from last year. That was probably the album that tipped me in.

I'd probably be in for a Willie Anthology

Same, although it'd have to be records of his that are hard to find.

Most Willie records that I see at stores are <$10 in decent shape. I know this because I usually buy them. No way am I paying $30 an LP plus any duplicates that I already have.

I say all of this, but will still probably cave and buy it.

A glam rock box. A goth collection. A cure anthology with Wish in it. A thrash metal anthology that like, had 1 record each from the big 4 and then 4 to 6 records of other bands that never broke as hard (testament, possessed, death, exodus, morbid angel.) A voivod anthology. A harry smith anthology. A reggea/rocksteady/ska/dance hall box. A wax Trax anthology.

I feel like Zappa is a dude whose output is substantial, important, and kind of inaccessible for the uninitiated. A body of work that could use curation.
Oh hell yeah. You could break it into smaller boxes. Intro zappa, jazz, orchestral, rock band, experimental zappa. AFAIK yellow shark never was put on lp....

Back