Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Zamrock came in yesterday and luckily nothing was wrong with it, the booklet it came with surprised me the most. Really looking forward to spinning these this weekend. Only complaint I have is the silly button it came with... Of all things to say or illustrate, I am baffeled by whoever thought it was a good idea to go with what they did.

IMG_20200520_141106.jpg

Zamrock came in yesterday and luckily nothing was wrong with it, the booklet it came with surprised me the most. Really looking forward to spinning these this weekend. Only complaint I have is the silly button it came with... Of all things to say or illustrate, I am baffeled by whoever thought it was a good idea to go with what they did.

View attachment 48007

"AMANAZ" is an acronym for "Ask Me About Nice Artists in Zambia", btw. Not like I'm gonna be going around wearing that, though...

"AMANAZ" is an acronym for "Ask Me About Nice Artists in Zambia", btw. Not like I'm gonna be going around wearing that, though...
I had no idea that was the case, I was like I don't feel qualified to have anyone come up to me and have me tell them about artists from Zambia.. At least this makes sense and I could point then to listening to that album

I had no idea that was the case, I was like I don't feel qualified to have anyone come up to me and have me tell them about artists from Zambia.. At least this makes sense and I could point then to listening to that album
This is why you’ve got to watch the mini doc! And WITCH is an acronym (or probably backronym) for We Intend to Cause Havoc.

If anyone is interested in some more information on WITCH, here’s a Jagari Chanda interview with a bunch more context and information: WITCH interview with Emmanuel ‘Jagari’ Chanda - It's Psychedelic Baby Magazine

This is why you’ve got to watch the mini doc! And WITCH is an acronym (or probably backronym) for We Intend to Cause Havoc.

If anyone is interested in some more information on WITCH, here’s a Jagari Chanda interview with a bunch more context and information: WITCH interview with Emmanuel ‘Jagari’ Chanda - It's Psychedelic Baby Magazine

Good call, was planning on spending the weekend diving deep into the podcast and mini-doc then going head first into the albums. The biggest reason I picked this Antho up is for the learning factor, just need the weekend to get here to dedicate the time ~

Just got a Dead.net email about it:

Attention completists! We've teamed up with Vinyl Me, Please to bring you VMP ANTHOLOGY: THE STORY OF THE GRATEFUL DEAD - an eight album (four studio, four live albums), 14-disc set, pressed on high-quality 180-gram vinyl at QRP, including new direct-to-analog masters from original tapes, in a kaleidoscope of hues. The collection comes in a heavyweight two-piece slip and slash box and features original design by Jeremy Dean, along with a deluxe liner notes booklet featuring photos by celebrated Dead photographers and essays from Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Avey Tare of Animal Collective, Dave Longstreth of Dirty Projectors, Margo Price, MC Taylor of Hiss Golden Messenger, Scott Devendorf of The National, John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats, Jenny Conlee of The Decemberists, and Hunter Brown of STS9.​
This one ships late summer - the first 3,000 orders receive a limited edition, double-sided animating slipmat. We suggest grabbing one while you can.​

So they are definitely trying to target the completist market - though the reception in Deadhead circles I'm in about this has been pretty cool.

Just got a Dead.net email about it:

Attention completists! We've teamed up with Vinyl Me, Please to bring you VMP ANTHOLOGY: THE STORY OF THE GRATEFUL DEAD - an eight album (four studio, four live albums), 14-disc set, pressed on high-quality 180-gram vinyl at QRP, including new direct-to-analog masters from original tapes, in a kaleidoscope of hues. The collection comes in a heavyweight two-piece slip and slash box and features original design by Jeremy Dean, along with a deluxe liner notes booklet featuring photos by celebrated Dead photographers and essays from Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Avey Tare of Animal Collective, Dave Longstreth of Dirty Projectors, Margo Price, MC Taylor of Hiss Golden Messenger, Scott Devendorf of The National, John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats, Jenny Conlee of The Decemberists, and Hunter Brown of STS9.​
This one ships late summer - the first 3,000 orders receive a limited edition, double-sided animating slipmat. We suggest grabbing one while you can.​

So they are definitely trying to target the completist market - though the reception in Deadhead circles I'm in about this has been pretty cool.
I think the fact that the "24 hour" discount code is still working might speak to the current purchase rate...

I'm listening to the first podcast now. I wish the music was lower in the mix. With such heavy accents, I'm finding it very hard to follow the interviews.

Well....I guess I don't mind spending $399 on it.

Using one of the $50 off codes seemed to make perfect sense in my head.

WGTTR7
S7JT39
P3G2J2
G7D39W
N68S67

I have no idea if I was one of the first 3000 to get a slipmat, tho.
I won't lie, I do want this. But $620 CAD after discount is... I mean it's something...

I won't lie, I do want this. But $620 CAD after discount is... I mean it's something...

Oh...I get it. The $400 steep for me.

But I was looking at the records I have of these and most are original pressings that have seen better days.

Back