Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I am looking at that RSD 5lp boxset. Amazon.ca marketplace has a 2011 for about $35 plus they have Workingman's Dead 50th on pre-order, just not sure of the pressing info on it.

Or getting the 5lp Warner set for about $250cdn on discogs, from a Canadian seller so shipping shouldn't be to terrible.
A 2011 what, Europe 72?

VMPs emails / You tube videos etc really do ramp up the FOMO on anthologies. If you dont own any GD id say the most sensible solution is to put this thread on ignore 😊 Please test them out on a stream before dropping $450 on VMPs doorstep.
About 12 months ago i tested GD out on Spoti thought it was OK so bought American Beauty and Live/Dead - combined cost under £40. Both spun once and forgotten, never really reaching top spot during my many “pick a rarely played record” moments during lockdown.

I feel like Jerry would roll over in his grave over a $450 vinyl box set of otherwise readily available music.
Outside of Without A Net, I totally agree. They definitely threw that one in for the people who want it and have convinced themselves this is the best way to get it. I haven’t seen it work too much yet though.

I am looking at that RSD 5lp boxset. Amazon.ca marketplace has a 2011 for about $35 plus they have Workingman's Dead 50th on pre-order, just not sure of the pressing info on it.

Or getting the 5lp Warner set for about $250cdn on discogs, from a Canadian seller so shipping shouldn't be to terrible.
Heads up on the new WD. These 50th reissue campaigns that dead.net have been doing have consisted of a CD set (with a live show), and a picture disk. WD did have a colored pressing put out as well, but that was a dead.net exclusive and sold out. So if you see WD and it is a preorder, it is likely the picture disk, and nobody needs that.

I may have purchased the "Live/Dead" vinyl on amazon for $31.06 - but can't really tell anything from the listing about which release it is. It should be delivered by Sunday, though, so I'll let people know (if we don't figure it out before then).

Maybe, but for the record this is really no different than most of Dead.net's products and boxes.
Yeah you have a point. I just find the irony of what this band symbolized in their time juxtaposed with this flavor of blatantly aggressive consumerism to be uncomfortably laughable. But then again its always been a business of sorts I suppose.

For anyone interested, it appears that Plaid Room has 4 copies of the MoFi American Beauty. A huge deal at that price.

I own this and recommend it. Can't see how you could get a better version of American Beauty.

Last edited:
How is it that I did not buy the new Anthology and I am still about to drop $200CDN on Grateful Dead records? Thanks enablers.

Oh, and I am really digging the Zamrock box much more than I thought I would. It is great.
I did the same thing, I already have the MoFi versions of AB, WMD and Skull/Roses (all are amazing if you were curious). I picked up the MoFi versions of From the Mars Hotel and Blues for Allah for about $150 combined. I am considering adding another album but I'm not sure which one. So there you go fellow Canuck @Mather

Any CD will work in a DVD player!
I was partially kidding but also my main vinyl setup is not in my living room, it's in my office and I don't have a CD or DVD player in there :) I have beefed up my digital streaming setup though so I'll check out some of the other recs in this thread for Dead live shows with that.

Back