Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Good to know, thanks! I tend to do that research before splurging on a high end pressing, but hadn't done so for KoB yet. I was gifted a cheap, prob digital, reissue with alt cover that def needs an upgrade.

Pretty sure the 2010 pressing for about $20 bucks is a readily available press that sounds pretty good (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). There's a youtube video breaking down a lot of the better pressings out there. It's just one man's opinion, so take it as you will. Seemed to be a guy that has a lot of KoB pressings to compare to one another.

I scooped up a MoFi KoB about a month ago sealed for $65 which felt reasonable. The only downside is that it's a 2LP 45RPM so you gotta flip it more frequently. I might grab a single LP at some point just to be lazy.

Wait, can you stack these codes? I wouldn't mind getting this box that way, I'd only stack 1 extra on top so it's only costing them $50 for me to take one off their hands....the slipmat is non negotiable, I'm getting one of those!

My Zamrock just arrived. Nice looking box. A small dent on the front of my box, but don't think I'll bother emailing. Can't wait to spin!

View attachment 47792
Glad you got yours, mine also arrives today, looking forward to journey! I'd definitely email them, you paid at least $200 for this and it is quite a noticeable dent

Wait, can you stack these codes? I wouldn't mind getting this box that way, I'd only stack 1 extra on top so it's only costing them $50 for me to take one off their hands....the slipmat is non negotiable, I'm getting one of those!
Just tried and you cannot stack codes. When you entered a code, it just replaced the previous one.

This Zamrock set is great so far. Listened to the first podcast and on the second album today and enjoying the hell out of it.

I know Grateful Dead is overpriced but this is one of the main reasons I bought, I really do think the Anthology sets are all around the best things VMP is doing right now so diving more into the Dead this way makes sense for me. The same way how people pay an outrageous amount for Music Matters albums. They may be in arguably overpriced for what they are, but the quality is there and is just still worth it for some.

But 7500 is still a stupidly high number of these to make. I'd really love to know how many of these VMP has to push to break even on this, because it's going to be tough.

My Zamrock just arrived. Nice looking box. A small dent on the front of my box, but don't think I'll bother emailing. Can't wait to spin!

View attachment 47792

I would for that. The way I handle stuff like that is if it's and enough where in a brick and mortar store I'd skip buying because of it then it is worth an email

Alright anthology people help me. I own no Dead but have been meaning to get some. This box set after exchange and shipping would be $78 an album... which is nuts yes BUT... I can only find the Mofi of American Beauty which is... $78. None of the others appear easily available and the Rhino pressings also appear to be mostly gone. So... if I wasn't gonna buy the box what's the best pressings I can get of these? I'm not finding much...

Alright anthology people help me. I own no Dead but have been meaning to get some. This box set after exchange and shipping would be $78 an album... which is nuts yes BUT... I can only find the Mofi of American Beauty which is... $78. None of the others appear easily available and the Rhino pressings also appear to be mostly gone. So... if I wasn't gonna buy the box what's the best pressings I can get of these? I'm not finding much...
Our best guess so far is that Workingman's and American Beauty, at least, have not been remastered by the same engineer again and will be simply coloured versions of the standard Rhino reissues from 2011. Seems Europe '72 had the same treatment at the same time. I've seen all three of those in almost every record store back in the before times. Not sure about Live/Dead. My best guess for the rest, that were remastered by Bellman for this set, is that they'll be issued separately shortly afterward for half the price.

Our best guess so far is that Workingman's and American Beauty, at least, have not been remastered by the same engineer again and will be simply coloured versions of the standard Rhino reissues from 2011. Seems Europe '72 had the same treatment at the same time. I've seen all three of those in almost every record store back in the before times. Not sure about Live/Dead. My best guess for the rest, that were remastered by Bellman for this set, is that they'll be issued separately shortly afterward for half the price.
Yeah I took a quick look online at our locals (Kops, Sonic etc) and none of them seem to have anything beyond the Mofi American Dream. No Rhinos that I can see, and if they do it's just American Dream again... Hopefully these just get reissues again after.

Yeah I took a quick look online at our locals (Kops, Sonic etc) and none of them seem to have anything beyond the Mofi American Dream. No Rhinos that I can see, and if they do it's just American Dream again... Hopefully these just get reissues again after.
Buy this for $99 Canadian dollars.

That is a good start.

The Bellman cuts of AB and WD are also available in the Warner box set, if you're also interested in all the early studio albums

I found 6/8 albums for relatively reasonable prices on Discogs and Ebay. I got a mix of Rhino, Mofi, and first pressings. I think the most expensive one was an OG copy of Europe 72 for like $40, but I'd have to double check that. You can find them, they're not as prevalent or available as it seems, but they're definitely out there if you look around.

I found 6/8 albums for relatively reasonable prices on Discogs and Ebay. I got a mix of Rhino, Mofi, and first pressings. I think the most expensive one was an OG copy of Europe 72 for like $40, but I'd have to double check that. You can find them, they're not as prevalent or available as it seems, but they're definitely out there if you look around.
Yeah but Cogs is a no go for Canadians pretty much right now. Take that Europe for 40, add $25 shipping, then add 40% exchange rate. That $40 record is $91 when it lands on my doorstep. That's the problem right now...

Off topic but I bought an album from Kops on discogs and it's almost a month and still haven't gotten it.

Also, look on discogs. All the Rhino versions are readily available anywhere from $18 USD to $30 USD.

I've never come across a GD album that has sounded poorly; for the most part they are all mastered well (though I cant speak for their albums from the 90s). VMP is riding this AAA mastering hype train along with the colored vinyl. Don't pay $400 for this boxset. It is a rip off.

Also, if you are just getting into GD, you don't need to immediately grab the MOFIs. Most are currently out of stock or hard to track down, but Music Direct is repressing a lot of titles. They will be back to $50 each, and Music Direct often has 10% or 20% off coupons.

Yeah but Cogs is a no go for Canadians pretty much right now. Take that Europe for 40, add $25 shipping, then add 40% exchange rate. That $40 record is $91 when it lands on my doorstep. That's the problem right now...
I don't follow you. That link should have been for a Canadian seller. Aren't you in Canada?

Back