Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Im not up to date with the way the Anthologys work, but did they advertise it as a weekly drop? Its a pretty shitty thing to back out of that if they did, they cant impend on everyone else's experience just because they didnt sell as much as they thought.

Yep, if even 1 person buys it, then they should release the content as promised. This isn't Kickstarter, with the podcast set up as a stretch goal. Screwing over everyone who did buy the overpriced box set (and intentionally overpriced because it's "an experience") is a serious dick move and I hope anyone who wanted it calls them out publicly for it.

We've seen they can't be shamed into doing the right thing, but it helps warn anyone else of their shameless behavior, and what to expect from future Anthologies. I'd bet all their plans to put out multiple Anthologies this year got put on hold due to COVID, but a podcast is easy to set up in these circumstances.

I asked Pauly if there's going to be any kind of formal announcement about this considering its not what was advertised.

To be clear, the podcast is still released though, its just released all at once, rather than on a weekly basis.

Ah, that's different, I misunderstood. It's still poor reasoning for them doing it that way, but at least it's available.

Just got a message from Pauly; the answer is because they're not selling out, they're not doing the weekly drops anymore.
Have to wonder with that attitude if the Anthology series will be around much longer. It's clear the FOMO marketing isn't working and it was originally claimed that these would be coming quite frequently, which they aren't now. Can't imagine they like having excess inventory of these behemoth box sets.

They dropped the Pitchfork collaboration after a poor reception to the UGK exclusive, which sat in the store for about a year. Will be interested to see.

Have to wonder with that attitude if the Anthology series will be around much longer. It's clear the FOMO marketing isn't working and it was originally claimed that these would be coming quite frequently, which they aren't now. Can't imagine they like having excess inventory of these behemoth box sets.

They dropped the Pitchfork collaboration after a poor reception to the UGK exclusive, which sat in the store for about a year. Will be interested to see.

As much as I like the Anthology series so far, I would much rather additional subscription tracks, which was originally the plan before they rolled this out.

Did they ever say they’d officially dropped the Pitchfork collab? Thought it was weird they dropped it rather than just changed the focus. UGK may have just been the wrong choice. Slowdive sold out pretty quickly.

Just got a message from Pauly; the answer is because they're not selling out, they're not doing the weekly drops anymore.

oh wow is that for real? I mean it's obvious why they're not selling out: VMP is overcharging by a lot and under delivering on their big promises. I'm disappointed that they haven't figured it out yet and lowered the price dramatically or stepped up their content to make the price worth it. Instead it seems like they're just letting the whole thing die because they screwed it up. It's a shame. Loved antho 1 and 2, Ghostly left a bad taste in my mouth, liked Stax, and now I'm skipping Zamrock.

Did they ever say they’d officially dropped the Pitchfork collab? Thought it was weird they dropped it rather than just changed the focus. UGK may have just been the wrong choice. Slowdive sold out pretty quickly.
The Slowdive release was wonderful. I don't think UGK was necessarily a bad choice, but it was too expensive and the reviews about both the pressing and packaging were not good. Would have been great to see what else would have been on the agenda between the two.
oh wow is that for real? I mean it's obvious why they're not selling out: VMP is overcharging by a lot and under delivering on their big promises. I'm disappointed that they haven't figured it out yet and lowered the price dramatically or stepped up their content to make the price worth it. Instead it seems like they're just letting the whole thing die because they screwed it up. It's a shame. Loved antho 1 and 2, Ghostly left a bad taste in my mouth, liked Stax, and now I'm skipping Zamrock.
I skipped 2 due to the price, jumped back in for Ghostly and felt like that was a complete drop of the ball. Its an okay set, but I really felt like Ghostly would have been a label that would have benefitted by a coherent telling of their narrative. I would prefer just a nice book that relays all the information that is supposed to be conveyed in the podcasts and videos, instead of this weak "engagement" bs that is being less than half-assed by VMP here

Might be of interest to y'all who were interested in the latest Anthology box set:

Might be of interest to y'all who were interested in the latest Anthology box set:

Yeah I'm trying to get these through my local but they are a mess right now! The shipping from the US is always a deal breaker so hopefully my local comes through!

Mine has been in "pre-delivery" since April 30 so I am assuming it is lost. Sigh.
Mine is stuck too. They aren't lost. USPS is totally overwhelmed right now. I talked to a local postmaster yesterday. For example, the main hub here in Detroit is down to a skeleton crew for various reasons. Last week there was 1 person at the counter and just a few people sorting. People lined up down the street to drop off packages. Containers are backed up.

Mine arrived in Canada a couple of days ago, was supposed to be delivered yesterday, never showed up and is rescheduled for today, fingers crossed it makes it and is in one piece!

Mine is stuck too. They aren't lost. USPS is totally overwhelmed right now. I talked to a local postmaster yesterday. For example, the main hub here in Detroit is down to a skeleton crew for various reasons. Last week there was 1 person at the counter and just a few people sorting. People lined up down the street to drop off packages. Containers are backed up.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

I still can't get a response from VMP about replacing my duplicate album with the right copy. It's infuriating...I have tried email, commenting on IG, DMing on IG, etc...

It's odd. I usually have exceptional mail service. During this time about half to 2/3 of my packages have been delivered as normal (and quite quickly) and the others have languished for days. I know that's normal for some, but that never happened before COVID-19, so it's clear the system is overwhelmed and its just random what gets through unscathed.

I still can't get a response from VMP about replacing my duplicate album with the right copy. It's infuriating...I have tried email, commenting on IG, DMing on IG, etc...
Did you try the Anthology specific email? I remember needing a replacement for the Blue Note and they were super quick on the Anthology specific email.

Did you try the Anthology specific email? I remember needing a replacement for the Blue Note and they were super quick on the Anthology specific email.
Yep...I have emailed the anthology email address...got the "thank you for contacting us" response but nothing since. Quite frustrating.

Back