Vinyl Me Please Anthology

This is so awesome. I'm curious what the albums will be? Based on what hasn't had a recent reissues, here are my guesses:

Blue Note Leader (Edit: Empyrean Isles)
Miles' 2nd Quintet (Miles in the Sky)
Jazz-Funk Fusion (Sextant or Thrust?)
VSOP (VSOP)
80s/90s Herbie (Future Shock)
Elder Statesman Herbie (Gershwin's World)
I think Sextant will be in the box for sure. Man child as well since that hasn’t been pressed since the 70s in the US. Wondering if they put out a live album of his for the first time or something exclusive...you can just get a lot of fusion stuff of his for pretty cheap still (like Mr. Hands and I regularly see Manchild and Sextant in local shops for $10 or under.) will be very interested to see what they choose though.

Anybody else notice the Anthology site now lists as coming soon (summer) The Story of Herbie Hancock?

I havent bought an Anthology yet but I am all in for this one. Love Herbie (managed to see him live late last year) and hopefully its some of the more obscure releases! Its his 80th birthday today, would of been cool if they announced it today officially.

welp, this is a must have.
I know! Like, I am getting this no matter what! This will definitely be my fave Anthology box so far! 😍😚😇

Fingers crossed that they don’t include Head Hunters in the Boxset 🤞 We all have that on vinyl and I’m sure most of us have a really good pressing of it! I’ve got the Analogue Productions pressing of it, but I’ve even heard the Music On Vinyl pressing for it is superb!

I know! Like, I am getting this no matter what! This will definitely be my fave Anthology box so far! 😍😚😇

Fingers crossed that they don’t include Head Hunters in the Boxset 🤞 We all have that on vinyl and I’m sure most of us have a really good pressing of it! I’ve got the Analogue Productions pressing of it, but I’ve even heard the Music On Vinyl pressing for it is superb!
Its certainly going to be my favourite they have released. I have read his autobiography a couple of times now and there's so many underrated albums which Herbie considers to be amongst his best. Seeing that he actually picked them brings me hope that they will contain a lot of these obscure ones!

Its certainly going to be my favourite they have released. I have read his autobiography a couple of times now and there's so many underrated albums which Herbie considers to be amongst his best. Seeing that he actually picked them brings me hope that they will contain a lot of these obscure ones!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! That’s what I thought too! I’m so happy he picked the albums! It brought me so much joy to hear that he picked which albums go into this Boxset. Moreover, I’m thrilled that it’s 8 albums in this Boxset and not 6 !!! 🙌

I’M SO DELIGHTED RIGHT NOW! 🥰🐒

I'm a bit surprised you didn't go for the BN one!

I'm a bit surprised you didn't go for the BN one!
Unless he already has all those as first presses!
I wish I had all first presses :ROFLMAO: I actually did really want to get the BN one. I was on holiday on an island in the Philippines at the time and by the time I got internet connection it had sold out (even though it was the same day as the release). All the issues they had put me off considering any of the others but seems like they have improved considerably since then.

@Selaws is honestly the king of jazz! I’ve got the biggest crush on his music taste and love for jazz and just how he expresses it all in the What’s Spinning thread! 🙈
Ah shucks your making me blush Nathan!

Back