Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Enjoyed this, thanks for posting! I knew next to nothing (ok, actually nothing) about Zamrock. It's close to my interest zone but I wasn't able to pull the trigger on this.
My pleasure. I also enjoyed it and since they posted on YouTube I figured it was free game to post.

Is there anyone else who is super excited like me to receive this Zamrock box set?
It will be my first VMP Anthology set and I can't wait to receive this. I passed on the previous box sets because I don't see myself spinning the other box sets often. I think this box set will get lots of spins.

Is there anyone else who is super excited like me to receive this Zamrock box set?
It will be my first VMP Anthology set and I can't wait to receive this. I passed on the previous box sets because I don't see myself spinning the other box sets often. I think this box set will get lots of spins.
I REALLY WANT THIS ANTHOLOGY!!!

But I don’t know if I want to spend so much money right now, plus the Australian Dollar to US Dollar isn’t in my favour 😶

Anybody else notice the Anthology site now lists as coming soon (summer) The Story of Herbie Hancock?

Great find!

Glad I can pass on this and save some money for whenever the hell RSD happens this year.

I'm excited! I finally got around to watching the mini documentary (which was great but left me wanting more!) with the wife and I think she's more excited than I am now!

I REALLY WANT THIS ANTHOLOGY!!!

But I don’t know if I want to spend so much money right now, plus the Australian Dollar to US Dollar isn’t in my favour 😶

I hear you. I live in Canada. The Canadian dollar went down badly recently as well. Zamrock is something that will diversify my collection. I have enough jazz and soul that I don' t spin often enough.

Great find!

Glad I can pass on this and save some money for whenever the hell RSD happens this year.

It will be a pass for me as well (high-five).

Though I think there will be one mega unreleased live album in the Herbie box.

Anybody else notice the Anthology site now lists as coming soon (summer) The Story of Herbie Hancock?

This is so awesome. I'm curious what the albums will be? Based on what hasn't had a recent reissues, here are my guesses:

Blue Note Leader (Edit: Empyrean Isles)
Miles' 2nd Quintet (Miles in the Sky)
Jazz-Funk Fusion (Sextant or Thrust?)
VSOP (VSOP)
80s/90s Herbie (Future Shock)
Elder Statesman Herbie (Gershwin's World)

Last edited:
This is so awesome. I'm curious what the albums will be? Based on what hasn't had a recent reissues, here are my guesses:

Blue Note Leader (My Point of View)
Miles' 2nd Quintet (Miles in the Sky)
Jazz-Funk Fusion (Sextant or Thrust?)
VSOP (VSOP)
80s/90s Herbie (Future Shock)
Elder Statesman Herbie (Gershwin's World)
I’m happy with all of these but I’ve already got the MoFi pressing of Miles In The Sky and you can’t really get a better pressing than a MoFi pressing when it comes to Miles Davis’ discography.....🤪🙉🦚🤷‍♂️

But who even cares because I’d still be all over this Boxset! 😋😈😏🙊

I’m happy with all of these but I’ve already got the MoFi pressing of Miles In The Sky and you can’t really get a better pressing than a MoFi pressing when it comes to Miles Davis’ discography.....🤪🙉🦚🤷‍♂️

I have that same Mofi reissue. It is an experience to listen to Mofi jazz records.

That's the main reason why I will likely pass on this Herbie box. There may be better versions out there for many of the albums in box.

*Edited* With boxes like Herbie, I'm not sure how they can find that many obscure records unless it is something he did recently. I hope VMP proves me wrong.

But who even cares because I’d still be all over this Boxset! 😋😈😏🙊

Yeah, it's a Catch 22. All the 2nd Quintet albums have been reissued by MoFi at this point (I think). But, I'm not sure how you tell the Story of Herbie Hancock without including the 2nd Quintet. Of course they told The Story of Stax without Isaac Hayes, so...

Also, I'm wrong on My Point of View, as that's slated for an August 28* Tone Poet release. (* assuming RTI starts pressing records again.)

I agree pretty excited about the Zamrock box. I got the Blue Note box and now that I have reduced my expectations for the extra-curricular material for the this one I am looking forward to it.
Im in the same boat as you. Only subbed to Blue Note so far but I signed up for Zamrock and am pretty amped to receive it!

Back