Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Next Anthology is supposed to be out by year's end according to Storf. STAX!!!!!

Yeah gotta be Stax. I'm sure the price will be on par with Motown, if not more. Ghostly might actually be a bit less though...

Well, I decided to open episode 3 early and I'm glad I did. I got duplicate liner notes and one of the sleeves is badly split at the bottom-- the glue is basically coming off. I could fix it myself, but the top left is crushed too, and since I paid a ton of money...

Gotta say, the last double LP's sleeve seems like they really cheaped out. Kind of disappointed in that honestly. Not up to the standards of the others.

It’ll be really interesting to see what Stax albums they pick. I feel like Sundazed has put out all of the popular titles in mostly high quality. I’m intrigued though not sure I can swing another $250 or so on a box set.

10% off for prior Anthology buyers... I suspect that means this price is going to be much lower. Dunno how much lower-- under 200 with discount maybe.

Well, I decided to open episode 3 early and I'm glad I did. I got duplicate liner notes and one of the sleeves is badly split at the bottom-- the glue is basically coming off. I could fix it myself, but the top left is crushed too, and since I paid a ton of money...

Gotta say, the last double LP's sleeve seems like they really cheaped out. Kind of disappointed in that honestly. Not up to the standards of the others.

Same issue here with the split.

Ditto, I let them know but am gonna try and fix it myself.

if anyone wants a 10% discount code, hit me up - not buying this. I assume the code isn't tied to me? Did people have issues with motown?
It's gone.

Last edited:
Ditto, I let them know but am gonna try and fix it myself.

Man that's such a bummer. Honestly this package has been great until they pulled this cheap bullshit. If I paid $35 or whatever it comes out to for this record and got this super flimsy crappy sleeve, I'd be unhappy. I think I am unhappy. Makes me worried about their Ghostly antho, how bad those sleeves are going to be if they have multiple double LPs.

Possible Hip Hop Anthology down the road. From reddit:

I wonder if there is ever any plans to do a Hip Hop themed anthology.
Death Row records Anthology would be dope.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

level 2
storfer

Official VMP Employee3 points·2 hours ago

Yeah dude, definitely.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

Possible Hip Hop Anthology down the road. From reddit:

I wonder if there is ever any plans to do a Hip Hop themed anthology.
Death Row records Anthology would be dope.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

level 2
storfer

Official VMP Employee3 points·2 hours ago

Yeah dude, definitely.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSave
I bet hip hop would be Stones Throw, which would be one of the few labels I'd consider to buy a boxset of in that genre.

The more I've thought about it, even if the Ghostly set is cheap, I will likely save my money for a possible Stax Anthology.

I bet hip hop would be Stones Throw, which would be one of the few labels I'd consider to buy a boxset of in that genre.

The more I've thought about it, even if the Ghostly set is cheap, I will likely save my money for a possible Stax Anthology.

More Doom would be a great thing.

Back