Vinyl Me Please Anthology

It went out to the Ghostly mailing list. I'd probably like all the albums, they're one of my favorite labels. I am just not a fan of box sets.
In all seriousness I do like a lot of stuff from them, but I can’t imagine a box set of Ghostly comps on vinyl being a satisfying experience for my listening habits.

Who are ghostly and what do they do?
Electronic music mostly...there are a few outliers. Tycho and Beacon are on Ghostly. Mary Lattimore is a harpist on Ghostly. I always liked Solvent. Adult may be on Ghostly too, can't remember. Reading that they were including two compliations sounded like a sad trombone in my head.

Who are ghostly and what do they do?
It’s probably not gonna be your bag. It might be the premier indie electronic label originally based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan (Go Wolverines!). Some of my favorite artists they have released music for include Com Truise, Matthew Dear, and Telefon Tel Aviv.

The label also is kinda a lifestyle brand. I find their store to be kinda interesting as I enjoy their design aesthetic but most of their stuff is a bit pricey.

It’s probably not gonna be your bag. It might be the premier indie electronic label originally based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan (Go Wolverines!). Some of my favorite artists they have released music for include Com Truise, Matthew Dear, and Telefon Tel Aviv.

It’s the anthology even if it is my bag it’s not my bag, I was just curious. I have never heard of any of the acts you mention and am rolling my eyes at the pun tastic names...

Episode 2 spoiler
It's awesome that Motown got Daft Punk to join Syreeta for that She's Leaving Home cover. Those robots figured out time travel I see. But in all seriousness, this Syreeta is incredible. So far it's the gem of the Anthology for me. This is why I willingly bought it, to find music like this that I normally wouldn't give a glance towards. She is great.

It’s the anthology even if it is my bag it’s not my bag, I was just curious. I have never heard of any of the acts you mention and am rolling my eyes at the pun tastic names...
Yeah, that was my initial reaction to Com Truise too but I still managed to enjoy his music it’s all instrumental electronic with a retro bent sounds like the soundtrack to a bad ‘80’s sci-fi movie, not too different to “Stranger Things” soundtracks (though Com Truise was around before all that became a thing).

Back