Vinyl Me Please Anthology

You sure you found the pricing? I did some digging and I'm not sure it's available the way I found it last time.

I'm probably buying this as well...
Assuming a price per record of around 25 dollars (probably will be more seeing that is vmp and 25 bucks is rare for them now), the price is at the very least 200 dollars

Then you realize that the major audience for this collaboration would be college students mostly (ghostly artists like C418 and Tycho are big with teens to young adults) and 2 of the albums are adult swim compilations.. and I dunno many college students with 200

Last edited:
Time for everyone's favourite game

GUESS

THE

PRICE

Also the page even spoils 3 of the artists by having them involved

I'd say that something like 150$ would be reasonable but will probably be more than 200.

You are right about the Artists. Storf said in an earlier hint there are 3 compilation albums. We know about the 2 swim comps, already. That leaves a 3rd comp and an album for each of the 3 artists

Assuming a price per record of around 25 dollars (probably will be more seeing that is vmp and 25 bucks is rare for them now), the price is at the very least 200 dollars

Gotcha. I'd guess closer to 300. No reason for them to price it lower than previous releases....

Gotcha. I'd guess closer to 300. No reason for them to price it lower than previous releases....
Except the whole audiophile remastering from original analogue tapes thing that people said drove the prices for the other two

You are right about the Artists. Storf said in an earlier hint there are 3 compilation albums. We know about the 2 swim comps, already. That leaves a 3rd comp and an album for each of the 3 artists
So they won't really get an album that would truly be the big grab (the Minecraft ost)

Reactions: Jan
Except the whole audiophile remastering from original analogue tapes thing that people said drove the prices for the other two
Plus as I mentioned the audience for a ghostly compilation is younger and has less money than audiophiles

Yeah this is true but then again, it's VMP. I fully expect this to be in the 300 range, maybe less with "discounts" or something. Hoping I'm wrong though, I'm probably going to buy. I'd be psyched if it ends up in the 200 range.

I think I might be an athology completionist...

I know but 2 of the albums are adult swim compilations

The number of large firm attorneys/accountants/doctors/[insert other professional here] I know who would pay a lot of money for adult swim compilations would probably make your jaw drop (though fwiw I'm not one of them)

Basically I'm just saying I don't think VMP will see a need to make this any cheaper than the others. And any market driver that would've brought the price down is likely negated by limiting it to 500 boxes.

I don’t see how this will be less than $300 non sale price... early bird sale pricing might be $30 off of that. It is limited to 500 after all... :rolleyes: I would possibly buy it if the comps looked good and it was around $120. So essentially no way in hell I will be getting this. Hopefully it sounds good and is curated well.

Just looking at ghostly's site, they typically sell records in the $20 range...

I don't know, maybe it could be at the $200 price point. Won't get my hopes up though.

Back