Vinyl Me Please Anthology

While spinning the Donaldson album, about a third of the way through the 2nd track on side two I hear a faint 'tick' for 3 rotations. I can see that something is amiss in the grooves - a tiny mark - but it's not bad enough for me to ask for a replacement. It's just noticeable because the sound quality is so good otherwise. I assume this is just a one-off thing, but I'm curious if anyone else has this issue in this spot.

The problem with all these mistakes is that the “community” they were trying to foster just becomes people, rightfully, complaining about the mistakes. It leaves no room for actual engagement.
Meh... I mean complaining is gonna happen anyway. They did nothing to foster the community other than open it. And after problems started happening, they posted less.

While spinning the Donaldson album, about a third of the way through the 2nd track on side two I hear a faint 'tick' for 3 rotations. I can see that something is amiss in the grooves - a tiny mark - but it's not bad enough for me to ask for a replacement. It's just noticeable because the sound quality is so good otherwise. I assume this is just a one-off thing, but I'm curious if anyone else has this issue in this spot.
I don't remember mine having any issues but, I would still email in to let them know even if you don't want anything in return

my other shipping label from Den is at my local regional PO which means at the latest I will get it tomorrow (most likely today)

Last set of records came in. No liner notes booklet so I guess that's the other shipment that's coming in.

Pauly wrote me back and said they'd send me a label to ship back the extra 2nd set of records that I received by mistake. I'm almost thinking of saying to just send me the label with the person who's missing these currently and it can go straight to them.

Yep. Liner notes coming separately to avoid possible damage from being with the records.

Email from VMP
Just a quick heads up ~
Your liner notes booklet will arrive in a separate mailer than your shipment 3 records. This was done to prevent damages in transit. You should, however, receive both packages around the same time. To track shipping on your booklet, please click the link below.

Received this from VMP about 5 minutes ago.

“Hello-

Just a quick heads up ~
Your liner notes booklet will arrive in a separate mailer than your shipment 3 records. This was done to prevent damages in transit. You should, however, receive both packages around the same time. To track shipping on your booklet, please click the link below.

Enjoy!
- Team VMP”

Funny how they send the email after I reached out to them about the liner notes.

Liner notes just arrived - no damage thankfully. It's a nice little booklet - an introduction essay, then a two-page spread per album, words on one side and full-page photo on the other. Will give it a read tonight or tomorrow.

Also, the liner notes are fine and look good but are really kind of lacking in substance. I thought there was going to way more.
The page for Dexter, especially - wonder why his is so short compared to the other five...

I didn't expect anything to the details and level of, say, Bob Dylan bootleg series or Beatles Mono boxset liner notes - but it does feel slightly skimpy. I shouldn't judge too much until I actually read it I suppose. ;)

Meh... I mean complaining is gonna happen anyway. They did nothing to foster the community other than open it. And after problems started happening, they posted less.
Yep. The "complaining" was not a problem. The reaction by some to it was. And VMP's complete lack of any moderation. The very least effort they should have put in would have been to moderate the community to nip the antagonistic stuff in the bud, but they let it run completely wild.

Haven’t received mine yet but got the email saying liner booklet will be shipped separately but at the same time as the records.

Haven’t received mine yet but got the email saying liner booklet will be shipped separately but at the same time as the records.
Which they sent out after people started receiving their records with out the liner notes.

These guys are just fucking with us now right? They can’t seriously be this inept, it has to be a show?

These guys are just fucking with us now right? They can’t seriously be this inept, it has to be a show?
I say this as someone who bought the anthology: It's kinda funny to me. I've got years of experience as a VMP customer so none of this is a surprise. In fact, it makes this box set a memorable one. Ya just gotta laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Back