Vinyl Me Please Anthology

VMPs response to my email:

“Hello-

Glad to hear you got your third installment of the Anthology records! The liner notes booklet will be shipping separately but shouldn't be too far behind, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
Stephen”

Unless I’m missing something, VMP made it seem like the booklet would be shipped along with the final 2 records. How hard is it to send out a notification that the final installment will come in 2 shipments, LPs in 1, liner notes booklet in the other??

The liner notes booklet will be shipping separately but shouldn't be too far behind, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
The email from VMP said "we're putting the final touches on your last shipment." Shipment. Singular. Maybe since they sent that email, they proofread the booklet and found a problem, and now have to wait for reprinted booklets?

That was my first thought. VMP Stephen is probably making sh*t up to try and cover for some mistake(s).

The email from VMP said "we're putting the final touches on your last shipment." Shipment. Singular. Maybe since they sent that email, they proofread the booklet and found a problem, and now have to wait for reprinted booklets?
View attachment 7639

I received my 3rd installment today, which of course included the final 2 records, but no liner notes booklet. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that there was supposed to be some sort of booklet that would be sent out with the final shipment?? Anybody else get their shipment, and is also missing the booklet?

I contacted VMP about it, so I'll report back with their response.
Same here - got the final two records today but no booklet.

So lets see Dexter was definitely Blue Notes fault and Wayne was completely the pressing plants fault. So I guess the liner notes delay will be blamed on Brent Ratliff. But don't worry VMP will own this and make it right, in 4-10 weeks depending on how long it takes to print off the booklet at Kinkos.
Ha! We will probably just get a digital copy now :ROFLMAO:

I'm using Informed Delivery with the USPS. It shows one coming from Denver that I have the existing tracking number for. The other has a label generated from the same location.

Small corner ding on my Ambrose LP as well. Not return-worthy, but this is the first physical damage of any of the shipments for me. May be a good thing they didn't try to stuff the booklet in with the records? It's a thick gatefold, so the single mailer felt full already.

Small corner ding on my Ambrose LP as well. Not return-worthy, but this is the first physical damage of any of the shipments for me. May be a good thing they didn't try to stuff the booklet in with the records? It's a thick gatefold, so the single mailer felt full already.
Shouldn’t have used the single mailer anyhow. Damn I hate them.

Ugh. I've said it before but I think for this product a corner ding is replacement-worthy. I think a guarantee of pristine quality should be built in to the high price, not merely "playable" but perhaps I'm being unfair/unrealistic. If it were a normal box set shipped in one go the sleeves would be protected by the box so who knows.

The Anthogy is like the Jelly of the Month Club - it's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

Not only do you receive the full six albums and eventually the liner notes - because we ALL like a good mystery - but VMP will continue to send us replacement items for everything they f'ed up along the way.

I can't wait to receive my seventh mailing sometime in September. I believe that will be a replacement for the liner notes After VMP discovers that the first set of notes were actually written by Ben Roethlisberger ... not Ben Ratliff! OOPS!

I CAN'T wait for the podcast that comes with that one!

I got my final LP shipment today, guess I know what that second printed label is now. Also mine had similar damage as my last shipment.

Did you get an email on that replacement disc you got? Or was that someone else?
I have gotten a shipping notice for everything related to Anthology (regular club though I have my box but the orders page still has everything as pending).

Back