Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I wish they could pick different albums and do a second story of blue note. It could be so much better than this. And with how good the kg cuts have been and the regular sale prices, this one is much harder to stomach at the price than it was when it first came out

I wish they could pick different albums and do a second story of blue note. It could be so much better than this. And with how good the kg cuts have been and the regular sale prices, this one is much harder to stomach at the price than it was when it first came out

Wait for VALENTINE40, SPRING40, SUMMER40, BACKTOSCHOOL40, WENEEDYOURMONEY40 or the good old HOLIDAY40

I think this set is actually pretty great. Montara and Ambrose are killer records. The Shorter is awesome too but I know that has a TP now.

VMP didn’t get a blank check of which albums to do…BN gave them a list of 12 available titles or something like that. I’m kinda surprised BN is even letting them repress it at this point.

I remember missing out on the first Box and being pretty gutted.

Whats the price looking like for this 2nd pressing do we thing?

Im at the point now where im not sure if I will go for it. I have an OG Schizophrenia and the Elemental Montara (I cant believe how much it sells for now!) which both sound great. I've been wanting to upgrade my below average 80's DMM pressing of Natural Soul though and the other all seem to be great titles. Hmmmmm.

I remember missing out on the first Box and being pretty gutted.

Whats the price looking like for this 2nd pressing do we thing?

Im at the point now where im not sure if I will go for it. I have an OG Schizophrenia and the Elemental Montara (I cant believe how much it sells for now!) which both sound great. I've been wanting to upgrade my below average 80's DMM pressing of Natural Soul though and the other all seem to be great titles. Hmmmmm.
they haven't said but most of the recent in-demand (miles, impulse, waylon, willie) boxes have been around the 350/400 price point

I'll be the one to say it. I don't like when things advertised as limited and exclusive get put out again.

I'll be the one to say it. I don't like when things advertised as limited and exclusive get put out again.
Didn't they change up the Dead box just enough so that the first run is definitely different than the 2nd (packaging wise at least)? I get it, it definitely sucks thinking you have something limited and rare, only for them to repress it, but if there's at least a differentiator between 1st and 2nd editions that would soften the blow somewhat.

EDIT: It was Zamrock I was thinking of.

Last edited:
I think this set is actually pretty great. Montara and Ambrose are killer records. The Shorter is awesome too but I know that has a TP now.

VMP didn’t get a blank check of which albums to do…BN gave them a list of 12 available titles or something like that. I’m kinda surprised BN is even letting them repress it at this point.
I'm not saying the set isn't filled with good picks and I know their options were limited. It's just that when you take out the Shorter being available cheaper, the cost per album in this is ridiculous and I'm sure BN is going to eventually put out the others and they'll sound just as good for a lot less. And personally there are other titles I'd rather see for the Story of BN, despite the fact they wouldn't get permission. One can wish 😉

Didn't they change up the Dead box just enough so that the first run is definitely different than the 2nd (packaging wise at least)? I get it, it definitely sucks thinking you have something limited and rare, only for them to repress it, but if there's at least a differentiator between 1st and 2nd editions that would soften the blow somewhat.
It's pressed at a different place, so that's something.

They changed up the zamrock to look different and I didn't like that they did that.

The dead box they said "first print run" or something like that where you knew more could be made. I'm fine with that.

I just don't like being sold something limited/exclusive with, especially at the time, a price premium for the limited nature only for it not to be

I'm sure BN is going to eventually put out the others and they'll sound just as good for a lot less.
I get your point…But doesn’t this apply to all BN titles then? BN is probably gonna reissue nearly everything in TP or BNC.

Gimme a BN mono box though and I’d be in. BN seems to hate reissuing things in mono for some reason

They changed up the zamrock to look different and I didn't like that they did that.

The dead box they said "first print run" or something like that where you knew more could be made. I'm fine with that.

I just don't like being sold something limited/exclusive with, especially at the time, a price premium for the limited nature only for it not to be
I think VMP has been learning to do the first run note even if they have no plans to repress.

The BN repress will also have a different box design and be pressed somewhere different. Maybe they will even not do the CD cover for Dexter Calling this time!

I think VMP has been learning to do the first run note even if they have no plans to repress.

The BN repress will also have a different box design and be pressed somewhere different. Maybe they will even not do the CD cover for Dexter Calling this time!
Hopefully they keep the labels on the wrong sides for Shorter

They do and I'm totally cool with that. But that's why I don't like the repress of this

They did something similar with the Herbie Box with the podcasts. When they first advertised it was "exclusive to the boxset" and later removed that line as I guess they realised they couldnt make it private and still release on Apple, Spotify, etc.

i'm of the mindset that its cool for people who have missed out on it. i didn't buy it for the exclusivity or resale. i know why people don't ethically like it but at least VMP has gotten better overall about that kind of stuff.

i think everything will eventually be repressed given demand and access to the sources.

Back