Vinyl Me Please Anthology

At the end of the Waylon podcast Storf teases the anthology after after Memphis Rap.

It’ll be the first one focused on a solo female artist and that she was “very important in the 70s”. He also said that they’re working closely with her and her family.

No mention of genre or anything only that it’ll be revealed on January 24th.
Carole King is the leading guess

Aretha maybe? If it's solo only can't see it being Diana Ross. Joni Mitchell could work here too, actually I think I'm leaning more towards Joni, based on how many Aretha albums they've already done.
Aretha has a new box set out coming soon too so that made it a likely no that I think was confirmed

Carole King is the leading guess
I do really love Carole King, I just don't think it's a necessary or will sell all that well with the great pressings of the major stuff already out there. That concert with her and James Taylor that came out a year or two ago is one of the best sounding records in my collection. Incredible. So I'm sure it'll sound fantastic, I just don't see there being much demand for it. If they wanted that direction, Carly Simon could use some quality reissues more than King.

I do really love Carole King, I just don't think it's a necessary or will sell all that well with the great pressings of the major stuff already out there. That concert with her and James Taylor that came out a year or two ago is one of the best sounding records in my collection. Incredible. So I'm sure it'll sound fantastic, I just don't see there being much demand for it. If they wanted that direction, Carly Simon could use some quality reissues more than King.
I wonder how they will approach it. I’m not gonna buy it but since she was such a good songwriter could find an interesting way to tell her story I’m sure

I was initially a bit meh on the Impulse lineup (I liked the spiritual jazz bundle's offerings much more), but today I said fuck it, and jumped on it with the 40% off code. I figure if I do remain underwhelmed I can eventually flip it down the road and break even at the very least, if not pocket some extra moolah.
You also have ample time to stream the songs more before it comes out if ya wanna cancel!

25% off at rappcats includes the VMP Zamrock anthology:

Code: VINYL

You also have ample time to stream the songs more before it comes out if ya wanna cancel!

In my experience, some of my favorite albums took weeks, sometimes months to really grow on me. I don't see myself canceling but I'll probably sit on it for a while before I ultimately decide if it stays or goes.

Edit: On a different note, Miles Davis is now waitlisted. There are definitely some albums in that set that are growers to me.

In my experience, some of my favorite albums took weeks, sometimes months to really grow on me. I don't see myself canceling but I'll probably sit on it for a while before I ultimately decide if it stays or goes.

Edit: On a different note, Miles Davis is now waitlisted. There are definitely some albums in that set that are growers to me.
Yeah. Definitely. I've been kind of building my own Miles box, and I think I'm now two away. I just picked up On the Corner last week, $30CAD for an MOV version, haven't spun it but the reviews seem to be good. Using that money on the Impulse box instead.

The miles box is excellent. I still think cadet is my favorite now but close call. Mostly because cadet has less albums I already owned in it

Back