Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Got my official "delayed 'til 2024" email for the Impulse! set.

Not even a little upset by it, personally. Far happier for them to take the time to get it right then to simply have it in hand as soon as possible.
I guess they haven't received the new warping machine at their new pressing plant yet

I'm positive they'll move a few more units before the promo code expires, but I feel like there'll be a few more they're going to put up for swaps soon. Let's not pretend it's selling like hotcakes.

Again, great box but I wouldn't pay the full price for it.

I was happy enough to swap for this box and it was worth it. Wouldn't have paid the full price and not even with the discount code. Cadet box though...

with the holiday40 code it's 138$, which IMO is well worth it.
Agreed. Got it last year using a promo code and even with duties it was worth it.

However, I had forgot it was already in swaps as pointed out above and that's kind of a kick in the groin, and makes it even more strange they're pushing it as being on the verge of selling out for that cost. Seems like if you really want it you can try and wait it out and hope you get lucky.

I dunno...I guess I'm really confused by the strategy here, and it makes almost no sense to buy an anthology at full price, ever.

$138 is good value for Vanguard, but VMP has already set the value at best the cost of a US add on track, at worst an international one month sub. And now they're trying to push remaining stock at $138. They devalued it almost completely in swaps, and are now trying to push it at a higher price. Why would I not gamble on it being in swaps again if I hadn't bought it already over two years using discount codes?

I really feel bad for anyone that bought Memphis at full price.

Last edited:
Back