Vinyl Me Please Anthology

At the end of the Waylon podcast Storf teases the anthology after after Memphis Rap.

It’ll be the first one focused on a solo female artist and that she was “very important in the 70s”. He also said that they’re working closely with her and her family.

No mention of genre or anything only that it’ll be revealed on January 24th.

At the end of the Waylon podcast Storf teases the anthology after after Memphis Rap.

It’ll be the first one focused on a solo female artist and that she was “very important in the 70s”. He also said that they’re working closely with her and her family.

Aretha maybe? If it's solo only can't see it being Diana Ross. Joni Mitchell could work here too, actually I think I'm leaning more towards Joni, based on how many Aretha albums they've already done.

Aretha maybe? If it's solo only can't see it being Diana Ross. Joni Mitchell could work here too, actually I think I'm leaning more towards Joni, based on how many Aretha albums they've already done.

Joan Armatrading

Discord has gotten a bunch of confirmed “no”s, Aretha is a confirmed no.

So far the guessing is leaning to Carole king.
There's already enough audiophile Carol King available to make that a less than exciting pick. I love her, but I've got all I want/need already. Loretta Lynn would be more exciting. Or Tina Turner would be awesome. The recent releases have been meh.

There's already enough audiophile Carol King available to make that a less than exciting pick. I love her, but I've got all I want/need already. Loretta Lynn would be more exciting. Or Tina Turner would be awesome. The recent releases have been meh.
I’d have preferred Lucinda or Alice Coltrane myself but yeah. This is based on a podcast “listen to more tapestry”

Back