Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Are vinyl flats good for fixing dish warps? I'm about ready to give up on this, I'm just flummoxed by the whole thing.
Mine is bowled to fuck but plays like a champ. Not a hop, pop or clicker to be heard.

my 1+1 is a stinker though.

And The River sounds insane. I’ll have it as best sounding in the set… it’s absolutely immense!

On Monday my discount code no longer worked, so I forwarded CS the original email with my old discount code and they put $60 in credit in my account towards it.
Right on, thx. I emailed CS asking re: it, but haven't heard back yet. Still kinda on the fence, though having a bangin' copy of Headhunters does sound nice...

I messaged them today and got a quick response from Lizzy saying it has expired. I think it depends who you get.

Yeah I’m hoping Empyrean gets reissued as part of the Classics series BN is in the middle of.

If you don’t have any more Herbie, I highly recommend the BN80 pressing of Inventions and Dimensions. One of my favorites of his Blue Note catalogue outside of Maiden and Empyrean.
I just picked up I & D from udiscover and MPOV and taking off from Amazon warehouse for about 15 each, still sealed and pristine all totally wonderful and imi essential recordings. Point of view and inventions definitely sounds wonderful, I still need to give taking off a few more listens

Mine is bowled to fuck but plays like a champ. Not a hop, pop or clicker to be heard.

my 1+1 is a stinker though.

And The River sounds insane. I’ll have it as best sounding in the set… it’s absolutely immense!

Yeah, my Head Hunters plays fine but I gotta imagine bowls that significant could cause some long-term problems.

Funny you say that about The River, my initial copy's second record was absolute flaming trash. Side C was distorted to hell and back and covered in pops. Thankfully the replacement to it was solid. Similar story with 1+1

So I'm at a point now where all my records sound great, but man do I hate seeing Head Hunters levitate over the turntable like that, even with a weight on it...

Yeah, my Head Hunters plays fine but I gotta imagine bowls that significant could cause some long-term problems.

Funny you say that about The River, my initial copy's second record was absolute flaming trash. Side C was distorted to hell and back and covered in pops. Thankfully the replacement to it was solid. Similar story with 1+1

So I'm at a point now where all my records sound great, but man do I hate seeing Head Hunters levitate over the turntable like that, even with a weight on it...
I asked them to replace my 1+1 and they’ve come back to say they have ran out of side C/Ds which is, well, really annoying. Hopefully they can find a fix but the side C on that is a total mess.

I asked them to replace my 1+1 and they’ve come back to say they have ran out of side C/Ds which is, well, really annoying. Hopefully they can find a fix but the side C on that is a total mess.
Oh no... mine’s out for delivery today. Really hoping I don’t end up with a dud 1 + 1

They still have complete sets for sale. Tell them to start opening boxes, it's too expensive for "we're out, sorry...".

Herbie arrived today. Birthday present from the wife. As expected the packaging and presentation is top notch. I gave both Headhunters and River a spin and am thoroughly impressed so far.

Both have very slight warps, but they are minor and don’t impact playback. River is dead silent, and sounds gorgeous. Headhunters... hoooo boy. I was perfectly happy with my Analogue Productions pressing until now. But this Bernie cut is something else. So far so good.

My Herbie arrived as well today. Only been able to listen to the Piano but there was a whole lot of micro crackle/static everywhere. Going to have to clean it to see if that disappears otherwise I’m a need a replacement -_-.

Herbie arrived today. Birthday present from the wife. As expected the packaging and presentation is top notch. I gave both Headhunters and River a spin and am thoroughly impressed so far.

Both have very slight warps, but they are minor and don’t impact playback. River is dead silent, and sounds gorgeous. Headhunters... hoooo boy. I was perfectly happy with my Analogue Productions pressing until now. But this Bernie cut is something else. So far so good.
The pressing of River is something else. absolutely the nuts!

They still have complete sets for sale. Tell them to start opening boxes, it's too expensive for "we're out, sorry...".
didn´t someone else get a similar reply on one of the other anthologies and when he/she escalated by asking for a complete refund because an uncompleted set is not worth the high price they suddenly found other copies

Both of the Blue Note records have significant surface noise throughout. Hoping a good clean will sort that out, as I noticed they were pretty dirty right out of the sleeve.

The mastering is great though. I think I prefer Bernie’s cut of Takin Off to the recent BN80 reissue.

Back