Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Replacements are in, and again I'm at work right now so I can't listen too carefully just yet but first impressions... Head Hunters is still dish warped, maybe even worse than my first copy. 😓

All the others -- including 1+1 -- are flat, at least. I didn't hear the surface noise on Maiden Voyage and so far so good with 1+1, so fingers crossed that my Head Hunters bowl is the only issue remaining.

Three out of four replacements seem good. I think there was some popping near the end of Side B of Maiden Voyage but it was fairly quiet and I'm hoping maybe a good cleaning will take care of it. It's not nearly as bad as the surface noise on the first copy. 1+1 and The River are vast improvements.

Head Hunters, on the other hand...

My headhunters is clearly bowled but the oyaide mat and weight combo hide it and it sounds AMAZING!!!

My headhunters is clearly bowled but the oyaide mat and weight combo hide it and it sounds AMAZING!!!
Its actually really crazy just how good it sounds.

I have just got through listening to mine again and it blows any other releases from VMP (in my immediate memory) out of the water. If they had released it as a Classics etc I honestly imagine it would have been one of their most successful releases.

I've got two bowled Head Hunters. Do I risk asking for a third or just give up and settle with "well that's why you bought a weight in the first place"
Heck Yeah you should get a third and as many as it takes til they get you a good one. that set was REALLY pricey and with due respect to the rest of the LPs, Headhunters is kind of the star of the show.

I've asked for a couple of replacements and the order info shows it as the LP's only. Has anyone had any replacements yet. I'm just nervous about how they are going to ship them without jackets. Last thing I want is them rubbing together on route.

I've asked for a couple of replacements and the order info shows it as the LP's only. Has anyone had any replacements yet. I'm just nervous about how they are going to ship them without jackets. Last thing I want is them rubbing together on route.
"lovingly packed in the finest packing sand that VMP could provide"

No jackets, just in the black poly lined inners. My four replacements were fine when they arrived (the warp being unrelated), no sign of wear from the shipping.

Back