Vinyl Me Please Anthology

@Andy does your Herbie tracking work? Mine just pops up saying no info (even in Parcelapp as well).

Im not worried but would be nice to see its progress.

I didn't order it the end. I keep on talking myself out of the Anthology titles and regretting it every time.
Ah well, props to you!

After all of these delays, podcast issues, etc, im on the fence as to whether I should have bought it or not. Hoping that its all worth it when it arrives.

Ah well, props to you!

After all of these delays, podcast issues, etc, im on the fence as to whether I should have bought it or not. Hoping that its all worth it when it arrives.

I'm sure it will be when you look back at it in 6 months. I'm sure the pressings & masterings will sound great (eventually).

The Herbie set is how the 1st Blue Note set should have been done. At least VMP seems to be learning. Headhunters and Future Shock both sound better than original presses. (Rockit sounds insane). Nice touch with the obis on the Japan based presses as well.
Haven't played it yet, but everything seems exceptionally well done and just plain heavy

Ah well, props to you!

I think it'll be a great set... but after all this i also doubt I'll be in for future anthologies.

Did they respond to your podcast follow up?

The Herbie set is how the 1st Blue Note set should have been done. At least VMP seems to be learning. Headhunters and Future Shock both sound better than original presses. (Rockit sounds insane). Nice touch with the obis on the Japan based presses as well.

Haven't played it yet, but everything seems exceptionally well done and just plain heavy
I cant tell you how happy I am to be reading this. I have been really on the fence about the decision to get it and really cant be dealing with the hassle of chasing them up because of issues.

Mine looks to be out for delivery so really looking forward to it now!

I think it'll be a great set... but after all this i also doubt I'll be in for future anthologies.

Did they respond to your podcast follow up?
I followed up with another email but still waiting on them. I cant imagine anything will happen really, I'm just sending them to make a point really.

Mine arrived as well!

Have to say that I am blown away by the quality so far (I haven't listened to any yet though). The box is superb and I LOVE the graphics used for the inner piece. The booklet looks to be a lot more comprehensive than I imagined it would be and I like how each album has its own additional liner notes (other box sets I have just have the cover and tracklist). The biggest surprise by far is the quality of the jackets and reproduction, right down to the Japanese DR inserts. Stunning stuff. I was apprehensive at first but if the audio quality is as good as everything else then this will be an absolutely killer set.

IMG_9558.JPG

Mine arrived as well!

Have to say that I am blown away by the quality so far (I haven't listened to any yet though). The box is superb and I LOVE the graphics used for the inner piece. The booklet looks to be a lot more comprehensive than I imagined it would be and I like how each album has its own additional liner notes (other box sets I have just have the cover and tracklist). The biggest surprise by far is the quality of the jackets and reproduction, right down to the Japanese DR inserts. Stunning stuff. I was apprehensive at first but if the audio quality is as good as everything else then this will be an absolutely killer set.

View attachment 97233
Massively impressive isn't it. Well played VMP

Mine arrived as well!

View attachment 97233
Beautiful. I really wish this wasn’t so expensive, and that I didn’t already have three of the albums in it.

Beautiful. I really wish this wasn’t so expensive, and that I didn’t already have three of the albums in it.
I got really lucky in the sense that I didn't already have the records in this set, other than a first mono pressing of Maiden Voyage (which is my favourite of his). Otherwise, I wouldn't have picked it up either. I'm just listening to the podcast now and it's really good so far with an emphasis on stroies from the interviewees which is always nice.

I got really lucky in the sense that I didn't already have the records in this set, other than a first mono pressing of Maiden Voyage (which is my favourite of his). Otherwise, I wouldn't have picked it up either. I'm just listening to the podcast now and it's really good so far with an emphasis on stroies from the interviewees which is always nice.
I need to check out that podcast. Sounds right up my alley.

Back