Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah the first few anthology podcasts were only available to people who bought the anthology and then were posted months later on spotify. Advertising the podcast as a feature of the anthology to justify its cost is misleading if it’s actually just a giveaway and there’s no podcast-related benefit (i.e. exclusivity window) that you get for purchasing the anthology.

@Rowan and I have had responses (separately, we don't live together.....currently) regarding the podcasts.

Seems like the same generic response to both of us but the short of it is that they claim they are just responding to "tons and tons" of requests that the Podcast be made available on existing apps rather than a private platform.

Super weak response. The fact that they haven't updated their website to remove the podcast as part of the 'what's included' in the purchase or the weekly 'drop' just shows that they are taking the easy option. In fact, within the response they basically state that because they haven't advertised the release of the podcast that people won't know unless they buy the set. It's so ridiculous it's laughable.

@Rowan and I have had responses (separately, we don't live together.....currently) regarding the podcasts.

Seems like the same generic response to both of us but the short of it is that they claim they are just responding to "tons and tons" of requests that the Podcast be made available on existing apps rather than a private platform.

Super weak response. The fact that they haven't updated their website to remove the podcast as part of the 'what's included' in the purchase or the weekly 'drop' just shows that they are taking the easy option. In fact, within the response they basically state that because they haven't advertised the release of the podcast that people won't know unless they buy the set. It's so ridiculous it's laughable.
Maybe they can make up for it with another Anthology Facebook page, where any complaints about vmp are shot down by a group of people collectively chanting "it's all about the music". God I miss those times.

Last edited:
Maybe they can make up for it with another Anthology Facebook page, where any complaints about vmp are shot down by a group of people collectively chanting "it's all about the music". God I miss those times.
I miss that Fakebook page. It was hilarious. I loved the guy who would take pics of cd booklets, posed near a blurry TT pretending he was listening to vinyl

Yeah, super weak response, and straight up not true? A private RSS feed would work in any podcast player. I've bought podcasts (I know, disgusting) and it's incredibly simple. They either don't know how or are too lazy to set it up.

Got my tracking too! It looks like it's coming out of Saddle Creek in NC too. I thought Anthologies were shipped from elsewhere or is that another thing VMP abandoned as they did more of these.

Listened to the first podcast episode ahead of receiving the box set and it's got me psyched up. I'll hold off on the rest until after receiving the box, but I am pretty excited for this one.

I enjoyed Robert Glasper's little anecdote on discovering electric Herbie through J Dilla, and with Sunlight in particular which is probably my personal favorite Herbie album.

Zamrock related: Now Again apparently got Ngozi Family - 45,000 Volts added to Spotify.

One of the high points of the Zamrock box, and it's definitely making my afternoon at work better.

Yeah, that album is rad. I think the first four albums from the Zamrock box all got stand-alone releases from Now-Again this year. And I think I've seen the Fireballs album from Strawberry Rain as well.

Yeah, that album is rad. I think the first four albums from the Zamrock box all got stand-alone releases from Now-Again this year. And I think I've seen the Fireballs album from Strawberry Rain as well.
That's awesome. I hadn't made it that far, but it looks like everyone except for Banda (who I seemed to like more than most people) and The Oscillations are now on the streaming services.

This will help me as I spam friends with music recommendations. I'm not sure if anyone actually listened to the youtube link of I'll be With You.

Back