Vinyl Me Please Anthology

No, it was in a newspaper article a few months back about Philly International. It said VMP was doing a box set so the thinking is that it would be an anothology
I'm pretty surprised VMP is doing so many anthologies to be honest. And I say this as an overall fan of the box sets. they seem to take a long time to sell out and most have been delayed lately.

I do find it funny that the 2 specific artist ones have both been botched. I think doing specific themes or labels (with a 1000 pressed max) would be a good ongoing revenue source for them. Surprised they didn't do a Country one to coincide with Vinyl Me Pardner

I do find it funny that the 2 specific artist ones have both been botched. I think doing specific themes or labels (with a 1000 pressed max) would be a good ongoing revenue source for them. Surprised they didn't do a Country one to coincide with Vinyl Me Pardner
Yeah, I only bought one Anthology so far (Stax) but I would instabuy an Outlaw Country box

Probably goes without saying, but check your records in Tribe when you get it...first one I pulled out has all sorts of feelable scratches on it...

edit...make that 2 albums with feelable scratches now. and CS doesn't accept pictures anymore. They want videos + audio of the affected albums.

Last edited:

I imagine it's a lot easier to work with just one label

Probably goes without saying, but check your records in Tribe when you get it...first one I pulled out has all sorts of feelable scratches on it...

edit...make that 2 albums with feelable scratches now. and CS doesn't accept pictures anymore. They want videos + audio of the affected albums.
well the good update is that they already responded to my email to CS and have put in an order to get those 2 replacement discs sent out to me. promising so far...I gotta say--they have upped their CS as of late. Responses are much quicker and streamlined so far. I know something will probably happen now that I have jinxed it though.

Checked mine in a panic. Look good so far. Sorry for your luck.

I wonder if VMP will hit the expected April date for the Herbie Hancock Anthology?

Part of me thinks that after missing the first date they gave themselves the target of April so it coincides with Herbies birthday (the 12th). I'm just really looking forward to hearing some of the more obscure releases, like 1+1, The River, The Piano, on vinyl.

Really looking forward to the podcast as well. Its something which I don't hear a lot about with these Anthologies but im a sucker for learning about the history of an album so it seems right up my street.

I wonder if VMP will hit the expected April date for the Herbie Hancock Anthology?

Part of me thinks that after missing the first date they gave themselves the target of April so it coincides with Herbies birthday (the 12th). I'm just really looking forward to hearing some of the more obscure releases, like 1+1, The River, The Piano, on vinyl.

Really looking forward to the podcast as well. Its something which I don't hear a lot about with these Anthologies but im a sucker for learning about the history of an album so it seems right up my street.
I hope the Herbie podcast is good! The BN one was pretty boring to me but I know that’s the first one they ever did and I know people said they improved over time. Curious to see how the Herbie box turns out overall. Hope you all love it!

I hope the Herbie podcast is good! The BN one was pretty boring to me but I know that’s the first one they ever did and I know people said they improved over time. Curious to see how the Herbie box turns out overall. Hope you all love it!
its not hosted by storf this time so thats a relief

its actually hosted by toure... i dunno his credentials but hopefully he is more charismatic and works better

its not hosted by storf this time so thats a relief

its actually hosted by toure... i dunno his credentials but hopefully he is more charismatic and works better
Touré is legit. He’s a legitimate journalist who used to write for Rolling Stone amongst many other reputable publications and has done a good amount of TV as a host and talking head. You should be in good hands.

Looking at the calibre of people they brought in for interviews and to provide info, it seems like it SHOULD be a good podcast series. The Wayne Shorter interview will be interesting, watching him and Herbie together (especially nowadays) you really get the feeling that they are friends first and colleagues second, which of course they are!

Looking at the calibre of people they brought in for interviews and to provide info, it seems like it SHOULD be a good podcast series. The Wayne Shorter interview will be interesting, watching him and Herbie together (especially nowadays) you really get the feeling that they are friends first and colleagues second, which of course they are!
I was pondering last night as to whether I cancel Herbie if it gets delayed again. But I listened to Joni today and am all in again. I actually really like the set they've put together. It may be my last anthology but I still don't regret ordering... that's if it actually exists

Back