Vinyl Me Please Anthology

VMP also gave a happy birthday to me after this

and omen is a really good album.. im probably buying this if not DEFINITELY buying it... by the end of the week i will have had more than enough for this without birthday checks so i am ready

why does the lead singer of fates warning sound like geddy lee

i like the guitar work but the songs run a little too long and the geddy like voice dosen't work

skipped over the next half of fates warning because it just wasn't clicking with me (i am not huge into prog)

went straight to cannibal corpse since its the big ticket and the one that i would probably have the least likely hood to appreciating....

and why is this first song in a weird way surprisingly relaxing... like the pig growl isn't disturbing or shocking its more... weirdly calm

ok did a one song sample of each album... not into fates warning (it dragged too much), cannibal corpse seems like it wont be easy to take but i am willing to try it out more, just seems kinda repetitive (the mixing isn't really that loud or dynamic).. GWAR, omen (listened to the full thing and loved it), black dalhia murder (seems right up my alley with melodic death metal), amon amarth (the nordic elements were annoying but otherwise great), and king diamond (was nervous about the progressive elements but i was convinced) seem to work for me.. just need to see la raza and if i like a few songs off that i will but this no problem

I hope you really love it Dukey!!! Splatters look great and the price point is good when the free shipping is included!
just mostly nervous because i originally had plans for other things (still can be done seeing as i haven't got my birthday card yet and i know another card is coming my way)

and metal is not my primary genre so i feel like i might have just did FOMO

just mostly nervous because i originally had plans for other things (still can be done seeing as i haven't got my birthday card yet and i know another card is coming my way)

Yeah, I’m surprised you purchased this and were able to afford it! Now that I’m living out of home, I cannot afford big purchases like a VMP Anthology!

Even though metal is not your primary genre, you’ll be able to immerse yourself more into the metal scene! I’m not a metal fan but I do really like Poppy’s album from last year which contains a lot of metal music/elements of metal! And I do like Black Sabbath’s Paranoid!

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of this boxset once you listen to it!

Yeah, I’m surprised you purchased this and were able to afford it! Now that I’m living out of home, I cannot afford big purchases like a VMP Anthology!

Even though metal is not your primary genre, you’ll be able to immerse yourself more into the metal scene! I’m not a metal fan but I do really like Poppy’s album from last year which contains a lot of metal music/elements of metal! And I do like Black Sabbath’s Paranoid!

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of this boxset once you listen to it!
tbh a small part of my brain wants to ask for a refund... i kinda need to calm down and just appreciate my big day

tbh a small part of my brain wants to ask for a refund... i kinda need to calm down and just appreciate my big day
See how you feel soon, and when you have a very standard day, see if you’re happy with the purchase! If you would’ve definitely of preferred to spend your money on something else, then definitely ask for a refund! FOMO can definitely make you spend your money on stuff you wouldn’t usually spend your money on!

since im probably keeping the set but i dont really want cannibal corpse (will relisten to it later but the pig growl does little for me and its mastered very mediocrely) or fates warning.. i think i might just sell them to one person here (or even PIF it) individually... i feel like metal man @Goatfish would probably like it

(also my guess for why its all digital masters is i dont think metal blade was doing analog tape for their albums)

If in the end, you feel the box set isn't for you, I can definitely see this one appreciating in value in the months ahead. You can probably make your money back (and then some) if you're patient about it.

And if it turns out you do end up loving the set, then it was all worth it. Happy birthday! :)

why does the lead singer of fates warning sound like geddy lee

i like the guitar work but the songs run a little too long and the geddy like voice dosen't work
I feel you on Fates Warning. Not digging the vocals at all. Seems like he‘s trying to emulate Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden... but without the same skill level. I find it really tough to listen to.

This is the only album that may hold me back from getting this set honestly. I enjoy the rest, (I could take or leave the Armored Saint pick though).

Back