Vinyl Me Please Anthology

They're gonna be redoing the Dexter Calling album cover, right? Because the Queen thing was less of a fuck up and less copies to reprint and still happened, didn't it?

By the way, is anyone else really annoyed to see the Vinyl Junkies guy (Jeremy Ron) show up all over the FB group the last couple days? The other day he had at least 3 posts that were just him sharing a Vinyl Junkies post that linked back to his own page. I called him out a bit and he immediately claimed I was attacking him (all I had done was list all the shit he has done and suggest it was a mistake for VMP to associate with him). Then he tried to claim I was breaking Facebook rules by attacking him. VMP deleted the whole conversation but I have most of it screen shotted. Oh, and he kept going back to his "I'm just here to talk about music" bullshit, too. Disgusting.

Incredibly disappointed about Dexter Gordon too. I love reading the liner notes on Blue Notes and to just get rid of them is so weird. Then VMP threw Blue Note under the bus on FB saying that that is the artwork Blue Note sent over. I get not having access to the originals but like others have said, it can’t be that difficult to reproduce. I wonder if the others will have the original liner notes.

Incredibly disappointed about Dexter Gordon too. I love reading the liner notes on Blue Notes and to just get rid of them is so weird. Then VMP threw Blue Note under the bus on FB saying that that is the artwork Blue Note sent over. I get not having access to the originals but like others have said, it can’t be that difficult to reproduce. I wonder if the others will have the original liner notes.
So wait, what does the back cover look like now? The classic Bluenote liner notes are totally gone from it??

Now someone has pointed out that the CD cover had to be edited because it originally had a bonus track listed. So either BN did the art and sent it to VMP or VMP edited it. Either way, someone said "fuck it, no one will notice"

And they left the ‘tracks 1-7 were originally...’ bit in! On a 7 track record.

Lololololol

Definitely! This is probably the biggest mistake of all the mistakes related to this issue. Why would they have gone with that art in the first place? It doesn't reproduce the Blue Note experience. Those liner notes are as much an iconic part of jazz record albums as Reid Miles covers or Impulse's gold and black spines. It literally makes zero sense to go with different back cover art in the first place, and to screw that art up is just the cherry on top.

I get why people are angry about this one

Is the Horace silver album good on the cover though, maybe this is an incident where BN have them a different back

Back