Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Mine is out for delivery here in SC, and I happen to be working from home - JOY.

For the record, I haven't had any issues with my tone poets and I have them all sans Rivers and Wilson. Hopefully that streak continues.

Got a couple Music Matters over the weekend (Horace Silver's Finger Poppin and Jackie McLean's Destination Out) with a few more coming later this week (Hancock's Empyrean Isles, Shorter's Speak No Evil, Hubbard's Ready for Freddy, and Burrell's Midnight Blue).

Blue Note fever in 2019 is in full swing.

Side note, the facebook group really is lacking, but its largely being stifled by one guy posting what's spinning type posts over and over and over (lots of unrelated BN albums at that). He's singlehandedly burying the few good posts worth engaging with. They need some better moderation/direction in there.

I also have not received a shipping notice.

Though my internal hype for this release is at an all time high. I loved both podcasts. I didn't have a lot of background info re: Don Was prior to this (not much was mentioned in either of the Blue Note Review boxes) so it was all new to me :)

Side note, the facebook group really is lacking, but its largely being stifled by one guy posting what's spinning type posts over and over and over (lots of unrelated BN albums at that). He's singlehandedly burying the few good posts worth engaging with. They need some better moderation/direction in there.
I agree. Plus I find the commenting system there not helpful to discussions

Just got my shipping notice as well! I may have overextended my budget a bit to be part of this anthology, so I'm hoping that these are really spectacular. Right now though, I'm not feeling like this was money well spent. As a non-Facebook (or really any social media) user, the "community" being on there really sucks. There is a huge feeling of disconnect for me. And I haven't heard anything about the giveaways they were supposed to be doing, if they've even done any yet, but I hope those aren't on Facebook too. It just feels like I'm getting six $41 albums with no added benefits other than a podcast. The podcast is great and all, but I can't help but feel like I want more at that price point. We'll see if I feel better about it in a few days I guess.

I agree. Plus I find the commenting system there not helpful to discussions
Yeah that FB group is very lacking so far. There’s nothing to facilitate discussion in the first place though. If VMP would actually post content, it might be better but there’s only been a handful of things they’ve done so far (podcasts, random posts). And yeah it’s awkward to hold/find any discussions with all the what’s spinning spam.

Side note, the facebook group really is lacking, but its largely being stifled by one guy posting what's spinning type posts

That's why I don't bother with the group, my feedback will be VMP should have to vet posts and prevent those
Got the shipping notice just now (label created). If it actually goes out the door today, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.
same

Seems to be several people complaining about that over on FakeBlock. I agree, for the price it should be a reproduction of the original, especially since several are supposed to be AAA pressings. Poor VMP, they cannot get away from the complaints.

Rightly so too in this instance. I don’t grumble much about VMP but this is pretty much their most premium and flagship release to date and they’re working as close with BN as they have anyone. They must have had access to OGs and/or OG artwork to do quality repros from. It’s one thing when the Classics use blurry blown up prints but I’d have expected more from this.

Apparently there is some controversy because for Dexter calling the back cover they used was for the 2002 CD release
Jesus F*cking Christ I am so NOT surprised. "Let's do a definitive BlueNote reproduction box set but let's use scans of the CD artwork, NO ONE WILL KNOW." I swear that company has about as much sense as a wet rock.

Back