Vinyl Me Please Anthology

They told me they didn't have any replacement copies when I asked for one and that was in May I believe... Good luck but I think you have to escalate right to change back with your credit card to get their attention, @MikeH can speak on this I believe
cc: @djdavedk --yes I can absolutely speak on this and happy to share the emails I sent back and forth with CS if that helps...

The short version of it is that after a lot of back and forth, I told them it was insane that they had no replacement copies, only replacement full box sets. So I CCed the CEO, told them that they could either buy me the only copy on discogs of that individual title (which was something like $600+), they could mail me a full new box set, they could refund me for the entire box set. If they didn't want to do either of those, I would be filing a chargeback with my bank. Within an hour or so I had an email with a tracking number for the replacement album. I tried to be as respectful as possible about it but still was very frustrated sounding.

cc: @djdavedk --yes I can absolutely speak on this and happy to share the emails I sent back and forth with CS if that helps...

The short version of it is that after a lot of back and forth, I told them it was insane that they had no replacement copies, only replacement full box sets. So I CCed the CEO, told them that they could either buy me the only copy on discogs of that individual title (which was something like $600+), they could mail me a full new box set, they could refund me for the entire box set. If they didn't want to do either of those, I would be filing a chargeback with my bank. Within an hour or so I had an email with a tracking number for the replacement album. I tried to be as respectful as possible about it but still was very frustrated sounding.
I’ll take whatever contacts you have to share with him.

Do you think there was a price for the Herbie box set BEFORE the Grateful Dead and one for after? I'm guessing they might try and make up some lost revenue by pushing Herbie to the limit thinking people will buy no matter what, am I being pessimistic?

So the Anthology website still has the header that the first 3000 orders (presumably of the GD Anthology) get a Tetzoscope slip-mat. Do we think that means they're just too lazy to update their site? Or that they haven't sold 3000 sets yet?
Someone asked on reddit A few weeks ago if they would receive the slipmat still if they hadn’t ordered it yet and Pauly seemed to say they hadn’t sold anywhere near 3K copies so far.

Someone asked on reddit A few weeks ago if they would receive the slipmat still if they hadn’t ordered it yet and Pauly seemed to say they hadn’t sold anywhere near 3K copies so far.
The amount of hubris in this company is staggering. To think more than one person thought they could move anything close to 7000 units of this boggles the mind.

they had no replacement copies, only replacement full box sets.

Um, what? Like what are the chances that people need full set replacements versus only needing replacements of single parts of the set? I mean, that's rhetorical so don't answer it. Although, if I were asking a staff member of VMP it wouldn't be rhetorical. Because then I'd really like an answer.

The amount of hubris in this company is staggering. To think more than one person thought they could move anything close to 7000 units of this boggles the mind.
I can tell already that somebody in the company is a huge Dead fan and this was their pet project. And they didn’t know when to walk away. Maybe Storf just really wanted a copy of Without A Net...If you needed to charge $450/set to be profitable at 7,500 copies, then don’t do it. You’re way better off selling 2,000 and selling it out if that’s an option. I really don’t know any possible way you think this is a smart business move unless you already have thousands purchased by other retailers like Acoustic Sounds.

unless you already have thousands purchased by other retailers like Acoustic Sounds.

Didn't Rappcats offer extra copies of the Zamrock boxset (at a mark-up if I remember correctly)? Or am I misremembering?

If so, I wouldn't be surprised if these show up on AS. Weren't they pressed by QRP (I didn't buy one so never learned all the details about 'em)?

Um, what? Like what are the chances that people need full set replacements versus only needing replacements of single parts of the set? I mean, that's rhetorical so don't answer it. Although, if I were asking a staff member of VMP it wouldn't be rhetorical. Because then I'd really like an answer.
Haha and that’s what I asked them and got no response. I said you can’t possibly have produced a product like this without making any replacement copies. What happened if someone had one damaged record or didn’t receive one, like me? Then I threatened a chargeback if they didn’t send a replacement. And they didn’t respond to it and I got a tracking number for the replacement.

it’s crazy to me that you’d try to alienate a customer who just spent $250 on one product by telling them that you don’t have replacements. If that was truly the case and it was my company, I would have fully refunded the purchase price. Instead I had 3 different CS agents all telling me different things haha

Haha and that’s what I asked them and got no response. I said you can’t possibly have produced a product like this without making any replacement copies. What happened if someone had one damaged record or didn’t receive one, like me? Then I threatened a chargeback if they didn’t send a replacement. And they didn’t respond to it and I got a tracking number for the replacement.

it’s crazy to me that you’d try to alienate a customer who just spent $250 on one product by telling them that you don’t have replacements. If that was truly the case and it was my company, I would have fully refunded the purchase price. Instead I had 3 different CS agents all telling me different things haha
Oh I totally agree it's ridiculous not to have replacement components for a (relatively) mass-produced item at that price point. It's just I find it even MORE ridiculous to have what you said (full replacements only). Like, I'd be less confused if they just had nothing to offer. But what you were told just makes no sense - I mean...ok, ok, ok...it doesn't make sense to us; in their weasel-infested bio-dome it probably makes perfect sense.

Didn't Rappcats offer extra copies of the Zamrock boxset (at a mark-up if I remember correctly)? Or am I misremembering?

If so, I wouldn't be surprised if these show up on AS. Weren't they pressed by QRP (I didn't buy one so never learned all the details about 'em)?
Yes I think it was Rappcats that flipped a few. But if I was AS or anyone else I would be wanting a steep discount to take any of the Dead boxes off VMP's hands. VMP will need probably slash their own price before you see others try to flog this very dead horse.

Yes. Weirdly enough, one copy of Zamrock sold for $500 or so on discogs, leaving an $800 copy as the cheapest on discogs and a day later Rappcatts posted a bunch of copies for sale “at less than half the cheapest discogs option” and they sold their copies for $400.

Yes I think it was Rappcats that flipped a few. But if I was AS or anyone else I would be wanting a steep discount to take any of the Dead boxes off VMP's hands. VMP will need probably slash their own price before you see others try to flog this very dead horse.
Oh yea VMP would sell them at wholesale cost to AS. AS sold the Stax box set as well when it didn’t sell out at VMP. And I believe it was at the original list price (without discounts).

Really hoping these are half price in their imminent going-out-of-business, everything-must-go sale.

Oh yea VMP would sell them at wholesale cost to AS. AS sold the Stax box set as well when it didn’t sell out at VMP. And I believe it was at the original list price (without discounts).
If AS was smart (or VMP), they would break up the sets. Without A Net and Europe 72, for example, would sell out at $100 and Reckoning for $70 which would leave you only needing to get $36 for the other 5 albums to get your 450.

Back