Vinyl Me Please Anthology

has someone done the inventory trick to how many are actually left? I assume they sold a bunch but it's still a lot of dosh to drop for a casual fan, and there's limited appeal to non-casual fans

has someone done the inventory trick to how many are actually left? I assume they sold a bunch but it's still a lot of dosh to drop for a casual fan, and there's limited appeal to non-casual fans
I don't think you can do the inventory trick with the box set unless I'm mistaken...

Did anybody get the Women of Motown box set? Any stand out titles/pressings in that one?
Yes, they all sound great actually! The Teena Marie one sounds glorious and the Erykah Badu Worldwide Underground sounds phenomenal too! The soundstage and clarity on both pressings are incredible! I have an original pressing of Worldwide Underground and this 2xLP VMP pressing of Worldwide Underground absolutely blows the original pressing out of the water! Like the difference in sound quality is unreal! 📈🎯

All pressings sound really, really good though! I always feel so happy and jolly when I drop the needle on the Martha & The Vendellas Heat Wave record! The song “Heat Wave” is a favourite and it sounds so freaking good! I just love it! ♥️

Yes, they all sound great actually! The Teena Marie one sounds glorious and the Erykah Badu Worldwide Underground sounds phenomenal too! The soundstage and clarity on both pressings are incredible! I have an original pressing of Worldwide Underground and this 2xLP VMP pressing of Worldwide Underground absolutely blows the original pressing out of the water! Like the difference in sound quality is unreal! 📈🎯

All pressings sound really, really good though! I always feel so happy and jolly when I drop the needle on the Martha & The Vendellas Heat Wave record! The song “Heat Wave” is a favourite and it sounds so freaking good! I just love it! ♥
Thanks! I've seen some single copies of albums from the box floating around so might pick up one or two...I don't think their remasters were pressed elsewhere (yet) but the prices aren't too bad for the individual albums. Some people must have gotten a box set or two and split up the albums.

Did anybody get the Women of Motown box set? Any stand out titles/pressings in that one?
They are all great pressings with fantastic sound quality. Musically, for me, the Tata Vega and Teena Marie are the poorest and the great sound quality isn’t enough to save them. If I were in your position I’d jump at any of the other six at a reasonable price.

They are all great pressings with fantastic sound quality. Musically, for me, the Tata Vega and Teena Marie are the poorest and the great sound quality isn’t enough to save them. If I were in your position I’d jump at any of the other six at a reasonable price.
Thanks! Appreciate it. I really just want the Badu but that’s the most expensive one to get separately. I’ll give the others a listen on streaming and see if any stand out!

It Must Be Magic is a great album! Square Biz is such a classic, celebrating, party, fun song and the production by Rick James on that album is superb! Portuguese Love is a sublime song too! Like those two songs are just immaculate! I love the rapping by Teena Marie on Square Biz too! It’s got so much character and is cute too!

I think the fact that it’s an early 80’s record, like Patrice Rushen, is a reason why people don’t like the style of music on it!

It Must Be Magic is a great album! Square Biz is such a classic, celebrating, party, fun song and the production by Rick James on that album is superb! Portuguese Love is a sublime song too! Like those two songs are just immaculate! I love the rapping by Teena Marie on Square Biz too! It’s got so much character and is cute too!

I think the fact that it’s an early 80’s record, like Patrice Rushen, is a reason why people don’t like the style of music on it!

Yeah it has its moments for sure! It seemed to me though that they only used that album as a bridge between the older classics and the Erykah Badu album instead of picking it because it’s actually amazing. Now for the Tata record, there is NO good explanation for it being included.

Yeah it has its moments for sure! It seemed to me though that they only used that album as a bridge between the older classics and the Erykah Badu album instead of picking it because it’s actually amazing. Now for the Tata record, there is NO good explanation for it being included.
Yeah, I really like all the picks except for the Tàta Vega one! I don’t see myself really spinning that one at all really...🙅‍♂️

They should have picked The Marvelettes’ Playboy, as Motown was at its prime in the 60’s (why not go al out), or if they wanted a 90’s album (as they didn’t have one in there), Zhané’s Pronounced Jah-Nay would’ve been a really nice pick! The Tata Vega pick was such a filler pick...😔

Just got an email. Grateful Dead is delayed 4 weeks, due to a printing error on the jackets. They included a $15 off code (would have been nice to have gotten that yesterday....) Shipping now set for October.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Always thought they were more of a fall/early winter band anyw-

-walks into traffic-

I'm fine with waiting a little more for the $15. Maybe we'll get some more discounts to lower the effective cost

Same. I don't need it right away especially if the QA is being done efficiently up front and there is no need for replacement sleeves, discs, etc. A 4 week delay on something like this would be common in the vinyl world anyway.
I appreciate the email and the $15 though. Expected considering the cost, but still happy it was done.

Back