Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I think it's a fair price, but with all the economic uncertainty it's a tough trigger to pull. If things are only out of whack for a month or so, then fine. But if this goes to the summer, ugh.

True, I’m pretty loose with my vinyl budget and I’m kind of regretting it right now with not knowing how any of this is going to go. That said, I still bought this.

So I wonder how many copies they're still sitting on... And if they'll pull another sold out type thing with this set too?

So I wonder how many copies they're still sitting on... And if they'll pull another sold out type thing with this set too?
I see these making their way to Acoustic Sounds eventually. I assume there's no counter on the website to check how many are left (if we are even to trust that they have their inventory numbers correct hah)?

Can't imagine this'll sell out... which maybe is a good thing. Pricing might get a little more sane for future releases. I think the $200 or under price point is the way to go. I'd definitely be willing to take a chance on something for that much, but yeah, even going back and forth on it yesterday... I'm definitely going to pass.

Can't imagine this'll sell out... which maybe is a good thing. Pricing might get a little more sane for future releases. I think the $200 or under price point is the way to go. I'd definitely be willing to take a chance on something for that much, but yeah, even going back and forth on it yesterday... I'm definitely going to pass.
The past few haven't sold out though right? And price has mostly been consistent?

I think this one's a little bit less expensive than Blue Note and Motown. Ghostly was cheaper, but Ghostly was basically just a color variant box.
Just looked it up out of curiosity. Zam Rock seems to be the 2nd cheapest one so far. BN was surprisingly $230 with the early access discount and $280 without. Motown might have been the most expensive so far. $295 early access price (plus $30 off for previous subscribers)/ $345 regular. Stax was $280 + $30 off.

I reached out to Egon on Instagram. He confirmed that the Fireballs album was sourced from tape, but the rest of the records were sourced and restored from vinyl.

That's not uncommon for reissues of these types of records, and I'm sure they'll sound fine, but it's disappointing to see VMP's inaccurate and misleading description of how these records were mastered.

I reached out to Egon on Instagram. He confirmed that the Fireballs album was sourced from tape, but the rest of the records were sourced and restored from vinyl.

That's not uncommon for reissues of these types of records, and I'm sure they'll sound fine, but it's disappointing to see VMP's inaccurate and misleading description of how these records were mastered.
Will be interesting to hear how this sounds. I do have a few albums restored from vinyl (Plantasia comes to mind) and they sound fantastic, but yes--disappointed, but not shocked, that VMP is lying about the sourcing...

I mean.. as I mentioned earlier, it wasn't really surprising to me but this is not misleading, this is blatant false advertising.

Back