Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah, at $250 including the code, I'm out. Paying $40+ (my currency) per record for a boxset is just not economically viable for me. :(

Hope everyone enjoys it though!

Also.. Not to gripe but it's absurd to me that we Canadians get charged the same 'international' shipping fee as people overseas.
I believe shipping to canada just went up even more from the US sadly but could be mistaken. I was quoted at $30 to ship 2LPs the other day from USPS without insurance or tracking. It was $17 or so a few months ago but they might have dropped the weight down for that pricing.

I believe shipping to canada just went up even more from the US sadly but could be mistaken. I was quoted at $30 to ship 2LPs the other day from USPS without insurance or tracking. It was $17 or so a few months ago but they might have dropped the weight down for that pricing.

Shipping from the States has definitely become more expensive but get me a quote to ship those same 2LPs to Europe and then see why Canadians paying the same as Europeans / Australians / etc is absurd..

I couldn't resist. I love this music so much...I'd rather spend it here and support these labels than on other records I won't listen to as much.

It is more likely than not you'll be able to get a good number of these titles in a few months down the road. I am sure there will be some exclusives (like maybe the Fireballs artwork? and Witch Private Pressing) but the rest are bound for reissue.

Shipping from the States has definitely become more expensive but get me a quote to ship those same 2LPs to Europe and then see why Canadians paying the same as Europeans / Australians / etc is absurd..
Yea man...it sucks. Wish they would figure out something better for the Canadians. Not fair at all. Someone contacted me on ebay about buying some records I had listed and shipping to Canada and had to tell them it just wouldn't be worth it for them. I was just shocked how much the price went up recently.

Yea man...it sucks. Wish they would figure out something better for the Canadians. Not fair at all. Someone contacted me on ebay about buying some records I had listed and shipping to Canada and had to tell them it just wouldn't be worth it for them. I was just shocked how much the price went up recently.

To put it in perspective, when I ran a label 8 years ago, it was cheaper to warehouse my records in the USA and pay for them to be fulfilled than it would to ship them from Canada. Like.. to the point that if someone in my own city ordered the record, it was still cheaper to ship it from the States and pay the fulfillment charge than it was to just take it to the post office.

Hell, @Mather grabbed me The Roots record and we were talking about mailing it to me so we can stay in isolation and he quoted me $17 (Canadian) to ship a 2LP within our own city!

Dammit...I caved...got a bunch of refunds from cancelled concerts + my buddy's bachelor party to Canada in two weeks got cancelled so I'm getting my money for airbnb + hockey tix + flight refunded. $30 off code only pretty much covers the tax + $10 off sadly.

I'm starting to consider it...

Are these AAA? Are original tapes even available for small, rare pressings like these? I guess it's not about sound quality either way...

Yes, same question... AAA?

Some of them are but I would strongly suggest that some of the titles most definitely aren't. I know Moss has tracked down the original tapes for a few of the Strawberry Rain reissues while other reissues have been from the cleanest source record they could find.

Back