Vinyl Me Please Anthology

For sure! I got a response this morning that they'll be sending the new box. I guess I need to open the other two episode packets and inspect those. I kind of wanted to play along with the unveiling this time, but it is a bit anxiety-provoking keeping them under wraps...
I highly doubt they'll give you a hard time replacing them if you wait to unbox along with the podcast.

I highly doubt they'll give you a hard time replacing them if you wait to unbox along with the podcast.

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. I'm 100% sure they're aware that people are going to play along with the unwrapping game and still need to have stuff replaced. I'm tempted to unwrap just to check but I'm banking on them making good if I wait.

So I'm sure the people who love to clap when VMP does something wrong will enjoy this, though this is completely on USPS and not VMP. My package should've arrived yesterday or today. The package arrived in Dallas on 10/8 and made it to the central processing station. It then was "In Transit" for 2 days. Last night, it arrived in Seattle. So it went from Jersey City to Dallas to Seattle and is now on its way back to Dallas, maybe. So I'm guessing Tuesday or Wednesday I'll get it due to the mail holiday on Monday thanks to Columbus. So I guess I'll skip the unboxing event today as I'd still like to be surprised with my own unboxing. Now I'm wondering what shape the box will be in. Normally, I have no issues with USPS delivering things to me. Last issue was around Christmas when something was held at a post office for 5 days.

So I'm sure the people who love to clap when VMP does something wrong will enjoy this, though this is completely on USPS and not VMP. My package should've arrived yesterday or today. The package arrived in Dallas on 10/8 and made it to the central processing station. It then was "In Transit" for 2 days. Last night, it arrived in Seattle. So it went from Jersey City to Dallas to Seattle and is now on its way back to Dallas, maybe. So I'm guessing Tuesday or Wednesday I'll get it due to the mail holiday on Monday thanks to Columbus. So I guess I'll skip the unboxing event today as I'd still like to be surprised with my own unboxing. Now I'm wondering what shape the box will be in. Normally, I have no issues with USPS delivering things to me. Last issue was around Christmas when something was held at a post office for 5 days.
VMP IS THE WORST.

Man, this sucks. I had a package go out to LA then back to PA one time, that was wild.

Still, I love USPS. It's magic, honestly. They consistently deliver mail, even if they fuck up sometimes. People are people after all. But man, the USPS is awesome for how criminally underfunded they are.

I mean if it went to Seattle first I could understand. How it comes to the city I live in and then immediately leaves to go to the west coast even though the address is Dallas is a head scratcher. I guess it got scanned with something that was going to Seattle. I'm now more worried about how beat up it's probably been as there seems to be diminishing results each time a different post office processes a shipment. Yes, they are underfunded and 99% of the time do a great job. I just don't get how it goes that wildly out of the way but I guess I'll find out next week.

I mean if it went to Seattle first I could understand. How it comes to the city I live in and then immediately leaves to go to the west coast even though the address is Dallas is a head scratcher. I guess it got scanned with something that was going to Seattle. I'm now more worried about how beat up it's probably been as there seems to be diminishing results each time a different post office processes a shipment. Yes, they are underfunded and 99% of the time do a great job. I just don't get how it goes that wildly out of the way but I guess I'll find out next week.

I know, their routing makes 0 sense sometimes. Hoping it gets to you unscathed though. Might still get lucky!

I gotta say; with all the stuff Storf has put on the QR code, the improvement of the podcast and the change in the way the box set is delivered (and packaged), this is def a massive improvement on the Blue Note set. A real shame, because I think this is really what they were aiming for the first time. They’ve clearly learned from the previous issues.

I gotta say; with all the stuff Storf has put on the QR code, the improvement of the podcast and the change in the way the box set is delivered (and packaged), this is def a massive improvement on the Blue Note set. A real shame, because I think this is really what they were aiming for the first time. They’ve clearly learned from the previous issues.

I totally agree, it's a shame the price was so high because this is definitely a much better experience. The packaging is nice, the extras are better, the community is ok, and the records sound great. My only complaint is that they sent it all at once.

How are the album liner notes btw

Pretty good. They're better than the BN notes but still not quite as long as a true Classic release. Probably because they're writing notes for 8 albums instead of 1.

Got to say, so far, this time around is a vast improvement.

The first five records I've spun so far are flawless, flat and not even a visible/inaudible scuff, and the additional editorial content (QR code site) and podcasts are more in line with the promised expectations.

Hopefully they upgrade storf's hardware (camera and lighting) for the unboxing videos at some point, but aside from damage attributed to usps, no complaints.

The first five records I've spun so far are flawless, flat and not even a visible/inaudible scuff, and the additional editorial content (QR code site) and podcasts are more in line with the promised expectations.

Hopefully they upgrade storf's hardware (camera and lighting) for the unboxing videos at some point, but aside from damage attributed to usps, no complaints.

Agreed. Pretty happy so far. A step up was most definitely needed and they've done a great job so far.

Happy to hear the people who bought in are happy with their purchases 👌🏼 would anyone who is happy consider it worth the price tag or slightly over still?

Happy to hear the people who bought in are happy with their purchases 👌🏼 would anyone who is happy consider it worth the price tag or slightly over still?

I’m fine with the price I paid (early discount + Anthology 1 discount). Regular price is/was too high. I doubt there’d ever have been a WOM box to buy if it wasn’t for VMP, so I’m cool with that.

Just to compare, I paid $230 for the Beatles MONO vinyl box set when it was new and that’s 14 LP’s and a nice hardback book. So yeah, WOM is pricey but like I said, at least it exists and I dig that more that fussing over a few dollars.

I’m fine with the price I paid (early discount + Anthology 1 discount). Regular price is/was too high. I doubt there’d ever have been a WOM box to buy if it wasn’t for VMP, so I’m cool with that.

Just to compare, I paid $230 for the Beatles MONO vinyl box set when it was new and that’s 14 LP’s and a nice hardback book. So yeah, WOM is pricey but like I said, at least it exists and I dig that more that fussing over a few dollars.
Yeah that's cool, as long as your happy with it & also that you got it at the subsidised price 👌🏼....wish I had Beatles mono 😭

2 of my 3 records in episode 1 are pressed off-center on one side only. Anyone else have off-center pressing issues?

The new Anthology community is either a ghost town or I'm doing it wrong. The facebook version for the BN Anthology was active, to an annoying extreme because it was not moderated very well. Anyone who is in the Women of Motown Anthology club, do you think the difference is more due to the nature of the music or the weird new forum?

Back