Vinyl Me Please Anthology

$300? What does it have in it? I’m genuinely intrigued. Send us a picture.

I remember a more widespread release wasn’t announced at the time the box went up so many predicted a Blonde style scenario.

I'll take a few pics. Remember, it is my album of the year (maybe the decade). It came in a solid box. Gorgeous package. And a beautiful book. And yes, it was overpriced. Lol. But I'd do it all again. No regrats. ;)

Honestly? I don't know. I've been going back and forth for a while. I said to myself, $200 is my cutoff. Then it was more... and now, I don't know.

As much as I bitched and moaned about the last anthology, I actually really enjoyed it, despite all the VMP bullshit. It got me super into jazz and that alone has been worth the cost of admission.

If it were the 300+ price, I'd probably have to pass. Unfortunately, I have more money than sense. I'm also about to sell a relatively rare record for 200+ so that makes this hurt WAY less.

I'm not 100% on board. I need to see their pitch tomorrow. I want to see if they list the records, if they list the actual extras, etc. I'm at like 60% willing right now and the sales page tomorrow will decide it either way.
Yeah, I definitely don't have more money than sense, even by others' more realistic opinion of me 😅. (Edit: fixed that I worded it backwards) But that's why I wouldn't judge anyone for getting it, since it's up to them if they can afford it. I can judge VMP by my personal opinion, but that's on me.

Even if I felt I could fit that in my budget, the biggest hangup for me is the blind buy. I'm not a fan of not being able to listen before I buy, even for a single album. I do not trust Storf to pick 8 albums that I will love. I think absolute best case, probably at least half will rarely get a spin and that would make me regret buying it. Who knows though, maybe I'm just negative.

I will be checking out the albums when they are announced and if there are any I love, I will hunt down a copy.

Looks like Murf is volunteering for Nov. N&G AOTM. How about a golf clap from the audience?

But I do start my chronological play through Prince’s discography next week. You are all welcome to join me on For You on Monday. Free exclusive forum with insights from experts (or just me). I must try and contact Apollonia for an ask me anything...

Q. Apollonia, do you like being a woman?

But Joe. It's a female pop star! They are the most disrespected artists in some parts of this forum. So yes, dragged.

I understand wanting something and paying whatever for it. I clearly have done it. I just can't respect a company gouging its "members" on every single thing they sell. How much was that raincoat again? And the fader compilation ? It should be $10 at the most. Honestly something like that should be free with the purchase of the magazine. Lol

Yeah I agree this is mainly on them, nothing outside the ROTMs themselves seems to have been sensibly priced for quite a long time but nothing has quite taken the biscuit like this price has. The ramping up of both FOMO and prices isn’t good for anyone who is buying. I just hope that people will see through VMP and choose to sit it out rather than judging anyone who feels they want to spend their money on it.

I agree completely, Honestly I find pop can be marmite for me, I either love it or hate it, but the lack of respect for someone who contributes so much to the community and loves it isn’t nice. I mean some of these people like FJM 🤪

I'll take a few pics. Remember, it is my album of the year (maybe the decade). It came in a solid box. Gorgeous package. And a beautiful book. And yes, it was overpriced. Lol. But I'd do it all again. No regrats. ;)

I've paid $300 for a single record in a white cardboard sleeve before, so I ain't sayin' shit

People can not get over their fomo. Even with a company that time and time again has shit on its customers, lied to them, disrespected them, sent out inferior product, acted like asses to them on sm, price gouged them. And yet, people are still buying. "Free record if you come back!" gets people constantly.
Even when records are available elsewhere and for cheaper. People are still buying from vmp.

Yes, I agree. This will sell out. And yes I agree, @Joe Mac, very damning indictment of humanity.... and consumerism at any cost.

Yeah, I'm guilty of being a hypocrite on this. I loathe the way we were treated and quit for 2 months, but then really wanted Art Blakey, so I relapsed and joined Classics, to which I immediately added Jorge Ben and The Roots. And then ordered Yusef Lateef. <shrug>. I'll reassess in a couple months I guess.

I'm sure the end product with the VMP Women of Motown set will be great, but I'm more inclined to buy the Motown in Mono set as I've been able to listen to all those albums in advance. And it costs half as much. And I'm sure I'll be able to listen to the VMP podcast down the road.

And the fader compilation ? It should be $10 at the most. Honestly something like that should be free with the purchase of the magazine. Lol
This one really shocked me. I mean, this one even had a third company as a sponsor. I've got the mojo mag with the blonde on blonde revisited 2lp for something like 15-20$ new. And that one had unique cover versions of the dylan songs. 35$ for a mag and a compilation that would be a free magazine covermount if it were a cd is ridiculous.

Yeah I agree this is mainly on them, nothing outside the ROTMs themselves seems to have been sensibly priced for quite a long time but nothing has quite taken the biscuit like this price has. The ramping up of both FOMO and prices isn’t good for anyone who is buying. I just hope that people will see through VMP and choose to sit it out rather than judging anyone who feels they want to spend their money on it.

I agree completely, Honestly I find pop can be marmite for me, I either love it or hate it, but the lack of respect for someone who contributes so much to the community and loves it isn’t nice. I mean some of these people like FJM 🤪
I judge FJPP. And I joke with the people who enjoy him. Not judge, just joke. All my FJPP comments are tongue in cheek. I don't like his persona but honestly, I just really don't like his music. Because I recognize that there are so many artisst I enjoy that have a persona.

I won't judge you. I bought the $300 Lemonade box set. And got DRAGGED for it. A lot. I had to take a break from the forum.

I wish this was not priced so high. Because it has the potential to be great. I'm disgusted not by you wanting it. I'm disgusted by vmp taking advantage of you (and others) wanting it. They need to find their integrity, it seems to have been lost.

OMG you got the box!!! Do you love it? Also who dragged you? I’ll have a chat with them. It won’t go well for them at all.

Back