Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I thought for a second you posted this

and thought, I know you’re not buying the boxset but no need to be rude.

Buy my 35 LP one instead. Motown Not Junk

I LOVE that song, especially live, but yeah I’m both actually not that rude and love mowtown too!

Honestly though if you are happy paying that jump at it anyone. It’s Not my bag but if a box like that was the only way for me to get a copy of say, The Buddha Of Suburbia, The Rainbow Children or one of the 2 Sparks albums I don’t have I might jump on something. If Motown is majorly your thing then whatever feels good. That price makes me feel ok about getting Bowie’s boxsets and makes the 1999 boxset seem value for money. Would be crazy not to get it now

Honestly though if you are happy paying that jump at it anyone. It’s Not my bag but if a box like that was the only way for me to get a copy of say, The Buddha Of Suburbia, The Rainbow Children or one of the 2 Sparks albums I don’t have I might jump on something. If Motown is majorly your thing then whatever feels good. That price makes me feel ok about getting Bowie’s boxsets and makes the 1999 boxset seem value for money. Would be crazy not to get it now

I was always getting the 1999 boxset.

I'm getting it too. I liked the Blue Note Anthology. I don't want to try to hunt for these Motown records. I'm okay with paying a premium for VMP to do that for me. I also liked the slow release of last time. Gave me time to listen to the releases over and over and then move on to the next.

I won't judge you but if you don't mind the question I'm genuinely curious at what price you would have passed. If you don't want to share that, it's cool.

Honestly? I don't know. I've been going back and forth for a while. I said to myself, $200 is my cutoff. Then it was more... and now, I don't know.

As much as I bitched and moaned about the last anthology, I actually really enjoyed it, despite all the VMP bullshit. It got me super into jazz and that alone has been worth the cost of admission.

If it were the 300+ price, I'd probably have to pass. Unfortunately, I have more money than sense. I'm also about to sell a relatively rare record for 200+ so that makes this hurt WAY less.

I'm not 100% on board. I need to see their pitch tomorrow. I want to see if they list the records, if they list the actual extras, etc. I'm at like 60% willing right now and the sales page tomorrow will decide it either way.

Please don't judge me if I buy this anthology everyone. It's insanely overpriced....................... but I'm a sick man.
I won't judge you. I bought the $300 Lemonade box set. And got DRAGGED for it. A lot. I had to take a break from the forum.

I wish this was not priced so high. Because it has the potential to be great. I'm disgusted not by you wanting it. I'm disgusted by vmp taking advantage of you (and others) wanting it. They need to find their integrity, it seems to have been lost.

I was always getting the 1999 boxset.

To be fair I still feel major guilt at that Blood on the Tracks, major guilt...

I won't judge you. I bought the $300 Lemonade box set. And got DRAGGED for it. A lot. I had to take a break from the forum.

That’s horrendous and stinks of double standards. Would I have got the same if they’d found out about my €164.50 Blood on the Tracks box set, probably not because it’s Dylan and Mofi, which stinks!

I wish this was not priced so high. Because it has the potential to be great. I'm disgusted not by you wanting it. I'm disgusted by vmp taking advantage of you (and others) wanting it. They need to find their integrity, it seems to have been lost.

$300? What does it have in it? I’m genuinely intrigued. Send us a picture.

I remember a more widespread release wasn’t announced at the time the box went up so many predicted a Blonde style scenario.

That’s horrendous and stinks of double standards. Would I have got the same if they’d found out about my €164.50 Blood on the Tracks box set, probably not because it’s Dylan and Mofi, which stinks!
But Joe. It's a female pop star! They are the most disrespected artists in some parts of this forum. So yes, dragged.

I understand wanting something and paying whatever for it. I clearly have done it. I just can't respect a company gouging its "members" on every single thing they sell. How much was that raincoat again? And the fader compilation ? It should be $10 at the most. Honestly something like that should be free with the purchase of the magazine. Lol

Back